iPad Mini Retina screen production to begin soon (June/July)

Cnet also says wait to buy. Do not buy a current mini.
The biggest problem with technology is that if you wait to buy you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

Now with that said, I've had the iPad Mini for a while now and I must say that I'm so glad I waited for the Mini versus the fullsize iPad, but as far as the retina display I really can't imagine it being worth waiting for.

Now what would be nice is a better glare-proof screen that has better visibility in direct sunlight.:yes:

:yes: 'Gotta agree...
I've NEVER heard ANY user of any legitimate tablet (iPad or Android) complain about the resolution of their screen. The Retina screen is a wonderful example of technology marketing. They fixed a problem that didn't exist, and are trying to convince you that you need it.
Glare/Brightness/Sunlight readability.... those are problems that need fixin'.
Good news... when the Retina Mini comes out, you'll be able to pickup a normal mini at a discount!

The biggest problem with technology is that if you wait to buy you'll be waiting the rest of your life.

Now with that said, I've had the iPad Mini for a while now and I must say that I'm so glad I waited for the Mini versus the fullsize iPad, but as far as the retina display I really can't imagine it being worth waiting for.

Now what would be nice is a better glare-proof screen that has better visibility in direct sunlight.:yes:

:yeahthat:

Cheers

Speaking of glare, are there any after-market glare shields that help the iPad or mini?

I'm waiting for the new iPad mini, but my iPad 1 is still working ok, mostly.

Thing with apple is, you might as well buy the first day a new product rolls out. The price won't drop until just before it is replaced, so you'll get the most life out of the product if you buy it immediately after release. The paultry discount on the iPad mini now is not worth the decrease in useful life it has at this point.

The Retina screen is a wonderful example of technology marketing. They fixed a problem that didn't exist

I think the Retina screen was a great upgrade. I got my wife an iPad when they first came out. I bought myself an iPad 2 after they came out to switch as many of my magazines to something electronic (wife loves how my magazine stack quit growing). The iPad res was okay, but I seemed just short of what I needed. I found myself zooming in on a lot of small text that was illegible. When the iPad 3 came out I took a look, found that small text was no longer a problem, and upgraded. Now I never have to zoom in and sometimes even look at a 2 page layout in landscape mode. It was the right tech upgrade for me.

I got an anti-glare film for my iPhone from a company called Power Support. It makes a huge difference.

Speaking of glare, are there any after-market glare shields that help the iPad or mini?

If you're looking for a yoke mount, the iPro Navigator includes an articulating clipboard that slides into the top acting as a glare shield. In this position you're looking at it edge on so there is minimal blockage of your view of the panel. It uses a standard RAM yoke mount.

ipad-yoke-mount-4.jpg

http://cnettv.cnet.com/iphone-5s-ip...uction-june/9742-1_53-50146519.html?ttag=fbwp

Cnet also says wait to buy. Do not buy a current mini.

Enjoy!

David

This is not news. Screen production starting in June correlates to an expected release date of September/October which a monkey with a banana in one ear could predict.

That's also 5 months away, so I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, and sell it when you want the Retina one. I bought a Mini a couple months ago, plan to sell it when the "Mini 2" arrives.

If you compare the mini to the iPad 3 side-by-side (Apple store) on a text-rich website or similar, the lack of quality on the mini's display really shows. Both Karen and I said, "yuck" after really looking at them in direct comparison.

If you compare the mini to the iPad 3 side-by-side (Apple store) on a text-rich website or similar, the lack of quality on the mini's display really shows. Both Karen and I said, "yuck" after really looking at them in direct comparison.

This.

That said, my three runs noticeably hotter than either my old iPad 1 or my wife's mini. I have had it shut down due to heat twice. My concern with a retina mini would be heat and battery life.

I made my wife wait and then she couldn't take it I bought it a month ago and she hasn't touched it. Meanwhile I'm going to jack it just buy a bad elf and use it..

This.

That said, my three runs noticeably hotter than either my old iPad 1 or my wife's mini. I have had it shut down due to heat twice. My concern with a retina mini would be heat and battery life.

I have the 4 and have had no heat issues that I can detect, and keep it in the unified case/cover from Apple which I thought might be a heat trap.

I had a iPad3 and have a mini, the only place the retina made a difference in my opinion was when you were running an app that was designed for the phone. With the 3, there is virtually no pixeling (is that a word), where as with the mini there is some (bud not nearly as bad as it is on the iPad2).

For me, retina display would not be enough of a change for me to buy it, couple that with more memory then I might be in. But I am very happy with my iPad Mini and would really just like to get a 2nd (when the price drops on the original) as a back-up as I found that a Samsung TAB is no where the quality of the iPad.

Back