iPad keyboard / case suggestions

iflyforfun

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
iflyforfun
Looking for something and can't find it.

I have a new iPad and want a keyboard/case that will also allow very easy landscape use. I travel constantly and use the iPad 2 ways. First, as a portable laptop for simple e-mail and web use. Second, for wasting time reading and playing games. Seems very easy to find a keyboard case that makes excellent laptop replacement (using Zagg keyboard now), but I can't find anything where the case easily flips around the back so I can the ipad just as a regular old ipad.

In the office or plants I visit, want to pop it open to take notes, check e-mail, etc.

Sitting at the airport waiting for flight or sitting on the plane, I don't want the keyboard in the way and just want to use the iPad in portrait mode ... no keyboard.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
Jeff

Agreed I have a Zagg keyboard case combo for my Air and love it. Works great and holds a charge forever.

Jim

The Kensington case may do what you want as far a folding out of the way. It doesn't fascilitate multiple viewing angles like the Zagg. It also won't fail at the hinge connection like the Zagg either. I'm on my second Zagg on this ipad air...

This is exactly what I have. Unless I'm missing something, there is no easy way to use the iPad in its traditional tablet fashion. There is no way I can easily use only as a tablet.

I wait in line for 10-15 minutes all the time and would like to be able to pull the iPad, pop it open and read while standing and then drop back in my bag. The Zagg is terrible for this.

I have this one that doubles as a cover. It works well and has transformed my iPad in to a portable computer. I bought two more of them for family. It also holds a charge forever.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultrathin-Keyboard-Cover-generation/dp/B007PRHNHO

I had something similar to this a few years back and it did a great job protecting the iPad as well as working as a keyboard (though old style I had cut into your wrists a bit when used). Still have problem that to use the iPad as a tablet, you have to peel the two parts apart and then figure out what to do with the spare cover.

Think of using you iPad in a line with your bag thrown over you shoulder. This won't work.

The search continues ...

The Kensington case may do what you want as far a folding out of the way. It doesn't fascilitate multiple viewing angles like the Zagg. It also won't fail at the hinge connection like the Zagg either. I'm on my second Zagg on this ipad air...

I may be looking at different Kensington. The one I found supports multiple angles with velcro.

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Ke...2806&sr=1-1&keywords=kensington+keyboard+case

This one is closest I've found yet. Looks like I can pull the keyboard out of the folio when I begin travel and then just have the iPad in a flip open case. When I get to office, I can pop the keyboard back in and have mini-computer again.

New Trent is not bad

Missed this one and it looks to be the ticket. Very nice how you can simply one button disconnect cover from the keyboard and just have the case on the iPad. Will give it a try. Thanks!

Back