iPad Glare - What Glare? (PIREP)

midlifeflyer

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fly
I bought a 2-pack of the Speck Products Apple iPad ShieldView Anti-Glare Protective Screen Film. The first sign that things were pretty good was when I pulled off the final top protective layer and my reflection in the iPad disappeared.

This weekend I had a chance to fly with it. Perfect? Makes my iPad equivalent to the non-glare of my Kindle?

No. But there was a significant improvement and I'm happy with the purchase. There were times when the sun hit the iPad at just the right angle to get a bright (although not terribly reflective in the mirror sense) spot on the screen, but a slight movement of the iPad corrected that pretty easily.

Mark,

Part of why I haven't liked any of the anti-glare covers for the iPad is that they make the surface rougher and that changes the feel of the screen, making it harder to slide your fingers on it without "bouncing." How would you say it's changed the feel of your screen?

Kent,

I have an anti-glare cover on my iPad. I cannot tell the difference between the 2.

John

I am going to order the Specks. Power Support are my fav but too expensive.

Mark,

Part of why I haven't liked any of the anti-glare covers for the iPad is that they make the surface rougher and that changes the feel of the screen, making it harder to slide your fingers on it without "bouncing." How would you say it's changed the feel of your screen?

Not sure of the brand we got for our iPad but no finger bouncing issues at all. About the only thing that changed it it now is a little softer so if you hit it with your finger nail you feel some drag.

I sat out on the deck this wkd with it and really wished I had a way to cut the glare. Thanks for this thread!

Back