IPad 3 wifi vs. iPad 3 4g

What do you recommend for a renter? I don't have a yoke, but a stick between my legs(no pun intended). Which also makes it damn near impossible to knee board it as well. Flying in a Piper Sport LSA. Not really sure what a good option is?

Suction mount on side or front window. Works in Jabiru.

I don't have a data plan for my IPad. The most remote, tiny terminal airports you can imagine have Wifi. Download weather before you leave and have the charts of interest downloaded to the IPad. You'll be good to go.
I imagine 6Y9. There isn't even any electricity in the "terminal", much less WiFi. And good luck getting a cell signal! (It's more doable now than it has been in the past, but still no piece of cake!) In other words, unless you are using XM weather, there are places where you can't count on being able to get it at all. I'll admit, though, that they are few and far between.

I found and rebooted the WiFi router at KALS a couple weekends ago. It woundn't hand out IP addresses.

Don't know if I fixed it or not,mew were leaving when I spotted it in the corner of an upstairs room. Figured it couldn't hurt. Maybe the next guy would have WiFi until that Linksys crapped out again. ;)

I was a, umm... Half-assed IT guy for them. Ha.

Care to supply a reference for that? It is doubtful that the GPS receiver in the iPad has a material impact on battery life. The cellular radio, on the other hand, can have a small impact (or probably imcremenatally larger impact if you're on Verizon), but you can turn cellular off and still use the GPS.

Tell Siri to remind you to do something when you get home. The battery drains at an insane rate from then until you get home...

Back