IP Addresses

2-Bit Speed

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
2-Bit Speed
Long story short, I tried to "like" a post and received the following.woops.png

A few minutes prior to this, I switched my VPN a couple times trying to get a video to play. Once the video (YT and no relation to PoA) could play, I received this error. Switched my VPN one more time and the error went away.

I didn't think this site was set up to filter based on IP addresses, and I'm not sure such filtering is a good idea.

Either way, just wanted to share that little escapade.

have you ever created a troll account and got banned, then tried to fool the IP filterator so you could post again?

It may not be POA, but rather the hosting company that has decided to block IP addresses.

Considering the activities some people get up to with VPN IP addresses, I'm not surprised you were blocked. Personally, I consider it part of the price of using VPNs. You're now associated, via IP, with activity beyond your control. Good news is the VPNs I've used have an ability to abandon that IP and get another, so just keep doing that until you get an IP that lets you do what you want. Of course, it would also allow the guys who got the previous IP banned to do what they want also, so it really can be a chore to get a valid IP.

Long story short, I tried to "like" a post and received the following.View attachment 114392

A few minutes prior to this, I switched my VPN a couple times trying to get a video to play. Once the video (YT and no relation to PoA) could play, I received this error. Switched my VPN one more time and the error went away.

I didn't think this site was set up to filter based on IP addresses, and I'm not sure such filtering is a good idea.

Either way, just wanted to share that little escapade.
Lots of nefarious members use VPN’s to hide themselves. Evidently, that IP was associated with a previously banned person, which is why you got that error and it isn’t too surprising.

Back