Iowa plane crash

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
Has anybody heard more on the plane crash in SW Iowa last night? News is reporting 4 from Arkanasa dead in crash of Cessna CJ during snow storm. Thats all they have said.

Hello!? Can you believe this guy's priorities?

nonpareilonline.com story said:
Greg Peregoy said he was on his way home shortly before 9 p.m. on Pioneer Trail, when he saw a twin-engine plane flying lower than normal.

As Peregoy neared the intersection with Dumfries Avenue, he said he saw the plane go down in a field north of Pioneer Trail.

"I saw a flash and explosion in the field," Peregoy said. "As I was watching it, I slid off of the road into a ditch.

"The wind gusts had picked up a lot. It was extremely bad, you couldn't open your car door, and if you did the wind jerked it out of your hands."

Peregoy's vehicle was stuck in the ditch, so he called a friend to pick him up. Once home, he dialed 911 and told operators the location of the crash. He said seeing the plane go down is something he will not forget.

Hello!? Can you believe this guy's priorities?

Yeah.. I thought that was kinda weird, too. "He called his friend to come pick him up, then WHEN HE GOT HOME HE CALLED 911." Only thing I can think is that he called his friend on a CB or something. Of course, they ARE in southwest IA - they are a little 'different' themselves.

Well, the fact that they're needing to use dental records to identify some of the victims makes me think that it might not have been a survivable crash and that the delay in calling 911 may not have cost lives, but he had no way of knowing that! Priority one: summon help (for the airplane crash, not getting your butt out of the car!)

Back