iOS Passbook

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Anyone find this actually useful?

It looked to have some promise, but the only item I ever got to work is my Walgreens card.

I stuffed my Starbucks card into it. I don't see much point if the vendor already has an App.

It's also not very intuitive to figure out how to put a second card into it after one is in there. It always brings up that card.

Version 1.0 of anything sucks, I suppose. ;)

What is confusing to folks (and me too for a while) is that it is not an app that stands alone. It interacts with other apps for one stop shopping to access whatever information you want to store in there. Which is why when you first open it it simply shows a screen directing users to the App Store.

So you can simply ignore it and go to each app that stores your pass data - airline app, grocery store app, Fandango - whatever - individually, or once they are linked you can choose to transfer passes to the Passbook app to have them one place.

I find it less than useful. Some popular apps STILL don't talk to it - United Airlines for example (unless they've updated in the last month or so.)

Funny. An hour or so after I posted the above, United pushed through an update that added Passbook functionality. If only everyone was so sensitive to my criticism :rolleyes:

Funny. An hour or so after I posted the above, United pushed through an update that added Passbook functionality. If only everyone was so sensitive to my criticism :rolleyes:

Can you complain to the Powerball folks that their system is flawed and it should be rigged for me to win? Appreciate it. :)

Anyone find this actually useful?

It looked to have some promise, but the only item I ever got to work is my Walgreens card.

During the unfortunate times that I have to fly American Airlines, the boarding pass is VERY handy.. no more paper...

Also the fandango movie tickets thing is handy... That's all I've found...

During the unfortunate times that I have to fly American Airlines, the boarding pass is VERY handy.. no more paper...

Also the fandango movie tickets thing is handy... That's all I've found...

I've never gotten either of these to work.

I look on their websites and if there is any help/advice on how to funnel into Passbook, I never found it.

What did you do to get it to link up?

What also sorta bites is that I'm not able to delete the app from my phone.

I just have it stored with other "core" apps I don't use in a group on the last page called "Dead Apps"

Back