IOS on iPad update and now lock ups and weird page loads

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
Held off on updating and got tired of looking at the update icon. Knew I should have left it because now my safari locks up everything, webpages load slow and Foreflight takes twice as long to load.

Any way I cn revert back to the previous working versions? This is ridiculous. Started immediately after the update.

Have you killed all the apps and rebooted the iPad?

How do I do that? I'm not too savvy with iOS stuff.

How do I do that? I'm not too savvy with iOS stuff.

Hold down the top button and round button for at least 10 seconds. The Apple will show up and it will reboot.

And to just quit apps, double tap the home button.

You can then scroll through open apps. To quit them, swipe up on the preview pane above the app icon.

And it gets better....

I just discovered that iTunes deleted some of my music. Most of it was mashups or mixtape stuff. No illegally downloaded stuff. But if I didn't buy it from ITunes, they deleted it.

What the **** is up with Apple?

FWIW, if you installed an update, your cr@pPad automatically killed all the apps and rebooted.
What's going on with crApple? I think they are trying to prove that Microsoft isn't the worst software company in the world. And I believe that they might have actually taken the title with iOS 7 and 8.

The iTunes problem might have been fixed with the newest 8.1.2 update, try to download that. But don't expect it to fix anything else, it was only an iTunes bugfix release.

Timely. I just got a service replacement iPhone 5. The camera is flakey and plugging it into my car reboots the entertainment system every 10 seconds. Found out these are well known problems on the Web.

And it gets better....

I just discovered that iTunes deleted some of my music. Most of it was mashups or mixtape stuff. No illegally downloaded stuff. But if I didn't buy it from ITunes, they deleted it.

That's not normal. All the music I've ripped from CD's or gotten via Napster and Limewire in the past are all still safely ensconced in my iTunes library.

Apple also has iTunes Match, albeit for a fee, where all that less-than-legitimate music on my home computer is now available from the cloud, often in higher-fidelity versions. Very handy on road trips.

Do you have backups? All that music should still be in the backups.

I think you had a glitch - it's not been Apple's strategy to deny users use of the music they obtained outside of iTunes.

Also make sure it's not a setting somewhere. There's one in iOS8 that toggled between just showing music that's on a device or all of your music in the cloud.

Still, sorry it happened.

When I googled I found an article about a class action suing Apple doing this to protect the song artists. I didn't get too deep in the article, but basically iTunes deletes music it thinks was ripped or stolen. Wondering if I got jacked by them or something else.

Is there any way to revert to my previous IOS?

When I googled I found an article about a class action suing Apple doing this to protect the song artists. I didn't get too deep in the article, but basically iTunes deletes music it thinks was ripped or stolen.

I'm actually watching MacBreak Weekly right now, and they discussed the suit.

I think your understanding is not correct. The suit is about iTunes making it difficult to use other formats than their proprietary one between devices. The hosts made the point that was a necessary part of the Digital Rights Management scheme they had agreed to with the music companies. Otherwise, any iPod owner could "share" all his or her music with anyone - which was anathema to the record company's profit model.

I have always been able to drag pirated songs into iTunes. So far, its all still there. And Apple, with its iTunes Match has "blessed" all the music in the iTunes library on your computer as "yours" whatever the source.

For example:

15807677799_d4bd5dac71_z.jpg

1) I've never purchased an Eminem album or song

2) It's all right there

3) I can listen to any of it anywhere I have cell or WiFi signal, even if its not on my iPhone or iPad.

Last edited:
How do you cloud store iTunes content? Does it work with video?

How do you cloud store iTunes content? Does it work with video?

ITunes Match is a subscription service. $24.99/yr.

Good description here:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Rather than store gigabytes of music on your phone or iPad, this just makes it available anywhere you have cell service or WiFi. Might make it possible to get by with a slightly smaller capacity device.

Latest Mac OS, Yosemite, has iCloud Drive. That would probably work for videos, as would DropBox. I think iTunes Match is just for music, but I'm not sure.

It's really nice to think of some obscure song or album you have on your computer at home and be able to play it anywhere. Of course you can do much the same with a subscription service like Spotify, having more overall choices, but possibly lacking some of the obscure or bootleg stuff you might have.

Still having the issues.... Safari locks up, I get a message that the page had to be reloaded, when scrolling on pages it's chopping, hangs up, and if I try to navigate the page before fully loaded,I can induce the page stoppage message.

iOS is 8.1.2

Anyone know how I can revert backwards? This is making my browsing very frustrating.

Not typical behavior. We have 6 iPads in the house and all are updated and all work perfectly. I love the inter connectivity between the MacBook, iPad, and iPhone. You may have a corrupted Safari file. In that case you should do a reset and restore.

I actually updated to IOS Garbage.trash and it made my IPad so slow and lost video functionality. I immediately upgraded the iPad by throwing it in the dumpster and bought a Galaxy Note. Its big enough that I dont miss the pad at all.

Back