ios 7

Luigi

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Luigi
I just loaded the new ios 7 software on my ipad 4 and I am experiencing "lock ups" and unresponsive "buttons". Anyone else having these issues?

The WingX people reported this, they advise against upgrading. There's a thread that mentions this, look up Henning's recent posts since he copied the text into a thread.

The only issue I had was my Bad Elf Pro wouldn't connect via blue tooth. Other devices would. I did a hard reset on the Bad Elf and it started working again. One thing I did different was using the new control panel to turn off blue tooth while the Bad Elf was still connected and running in its software. Remembering that correllation does not imply causality, this may or may not be the cause of the Bad Elf blue tooth failure.

I just loaded the new ios 7 software on my ipad 4 and I am experiencing "lock ups" and unresponsive "buttons". Anyone else having these issues?

No issues that I've noticed other than one 30 sec. stretch where it didn't find satellites right away. *knocking on wood*

I loaded 7 right away and have had no problems so far ,using Foreflight.

I have had a few lockups and crashes on some non-aviation apps. But a "power & home button" reboot fixed these.

I have had a few lockups and crashes on some non-aviation apps. But a "power & home button" reboot fixed these.
I'd really rather not experience that halfway down an approach using the iPad or iPhone as my approach chart.

Haven't had any stability issues at all.

Of course, I also made sure to update all of my apps at the same time as I updated the OS... Try that. :thumbsup:

I'd really rather not experience that halfway down an approach using the iPad or iPhone as my approach chart.

Agreed. But the lockups were mostly CPU and GPU intensive games. I don't think FF or WX would approach this level of intensity.

I had my first glitch with iOS 7 today. I was watching a YouTube video with a student, then closed the lid to head to my next lesson. When I opened the lid the next time it was right where I left it, but I couldn't get it to rotate to portrait orientation. Tried everything I knew, but nothing worked. All the apps were running just fine and I could switch between them. But it stayed in landscape no matter what. Rebooted to fix it.

A minor glitch, but a glitch nonetheless. Still glad I upgraded. Definitely has some UI improvements.

I had a glitch but I don't know if it was the OS or something I did inadvertently. I was listing to an Audible book. Normally it keeps playing when I turn the screen off or go to another screen, but it kept stopping. I rebooted and it was OK.

No glitches here. Both iPad 2 and iPhone 5 running it now.

I think they made a few things require more motion than necessary in the UI compared to previous iOS versions, and said my peace already about wasted iPad screen real estate.

But generally the Control Center and new Notification Center are worth the other annoyances.

No issues for me running on iPhone 5 and iPad mini with Foreflight.

Back