IO-470 Re-gasket Project

Rob58

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Planning a major FWF clean up project. Not time for engine overhaul, but while I have the engine out and overhauling some of the accessories I want to replace as many gaskets as I can get to without splitting the case. I have the Continental overhaul manual, however I would appreciate some real world feedback from those with experience tearing apart these engines. Basically I want to make a list of all of the gaskets & seals that will be possible to replace. All part of my quest to minimize the oil leaks. Thanks for any tips, advice and general help!

Get your gaskets from http://realgaskets.com/

They make the best solutions for problem oil leak areas on Continental engines; valve covers and push rod tubes.

Their solution for push rod gaskets & seals is brilliant.

push2.gif

Just get a complete overhaul gasket set. You'll pay more buying everything individually.

Real valve cover and push rod tube seals are a good start. No reason to mess with anything else. You may want to change your intake rubbers while it's out. At the very least do a thorough inspection and change clamps if they need changing.

Thanks for the feedback! FYI, I am trying to break everything, then there will be no question about what needs to be fixed!!!

Back