Introduction from a red board refugee

Immelman

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Immelman
Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I have seen references to this place for a while and even lurked a bit, just wanted to introduce myself. The "signal to antagonism/minutia-noise ratio" on the red board just got to me and I'm curious how things are over here.

I've flown for a little while now for fun, but made the big move a year ago to go chase the flying career dream and have been having fun with that progressing up the career ladder but still 'paying my dues'. I enjoy long flights up the beach, airplanes made Mooney and Beechcraft, and miss flying taildraggers upside down.

Jesse

Welcome Jesse!

The Red Board sometimes seems to focus on arguing rather than beneficial dialog between pilots, student pilots and wannabees. That happens here sometimes also, but not to the same extent. Enjoy your stay!

Welcome!

Signal-to-noise isn't all that high here, either; but the flavor is a bit different ;)
You don't fly an experimental, do you? :yikes:

You'll find it different here. None of the mods are selling anything.

Hi everybody,

I'm new here. I have seen references to this place for a while and even lurked a bit, just wanted to introduce myself. The "signal to antagonism/minutia-noise ratio" on the red board just got to me and I'm curious how things are over here.

I've flown for a little while now for fun, but made the big move a year ago to go chase the flying career dream and have been having fun with that progressing up the career ladder but still 'paying my dues'. I enjoy long flights up the beach, airplanes made Mooney and Beechcraft, and miss flying taildraggers upside down.

Jesse

Welcome to Pilots of America (POA) We certainly have our share of noise but I belive the signal stregnth is much higher. Look forward to your contributions to our flying community!

Welcome to Pilots of America (POA) We certainly have our share of noise but I belive the signal stregnth is much higher. Look forward to your contributions to our flying community!

This board doesn't have anyone like the guy who claimed thousands of hours of time, including multi time, and didn't have a clue how to aim for landing, and then berated everyone who disagreed with him about how we shouldn't use the term "round out" because the trajectory isn't a circle.

That's the only guy I'm aware of who has been banned from the Red Board. And then, only for 30 days.

But I guess I'm saying the same thing you are....

It's a better quality noise? Don't answer that. :lol: ;)

To the OP Welcome to the forum. Just listen to me, everyone else is bloviating. :rolleyes: ;)

Last edited:
This board doesn't have anyone like the guy who claimed thousands of hours of time, including multi time, and didn't have a clue how to aim for landing, and then berated everyone who disagreed with him about how we shouldn't use the term "round out" because the trajectory isn't a circle.

That's the only guy I'm aware of who has been banned from the Red Board. And then, only for 30 days.

Lol, you weren't around at the beginning then, Joe W got banned as well as couple of others.

Don't fly an experimental currently but building one is on the bucket list and at one point I came close to buying a used RV. Have taken several fun rides in them :)

Red boards, blue boards, the problem is, not enough folks have had a brown board on their ass growing up ... welcome! :goofy:

Red boards, blue boards, the problem is, not enough folks have had a brown board on their ass growing up ... welcome! :goofy:

He shoots, he scores! :yes:

I haven't been to the red board since The Anthony's Bicycle Scandal. That was the last straw for me.

And oh, by the way, welcome.

-Rich

Welcome. This group tolerates most types here......even experimental pilots. :D

They even put up with old has beens like me. Just remember these simple rules:

1.) Flying is a constant learning process. :yes:

2.) What you learn here may not be of any real value, other than as entertainment. :dunno:

3.) Thin skin is not your friend. :no:

So you're saying we yell a lot? :)

Welcome.

Oh no,, BK Peeshak was the first to get banned from AOPA then Joe Williams,

Hell, they banned EVERYBODY for a while lol, lot more than 30 days. It got so bad including physical threats when it was yellow they flat out shut it down, that's why this board exists.

Back