Introduction/Etiquette

Flynridejohnny

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Johnny Utah
Good morning. I am an aspiring, career 2.0, airline pilot. New to the group as of today. I've read the rules but I don't see anything about where to make introductions which I would assume are appreciated before I begin asking questions. Could someone point me in the right direction before I start off on the wrong foot? Thank you!
Johnny Utah

Most folks use the "Hangar Talk" subforum to introduce themselves. Welcome to POA!

Don't be afraid to introduce yourself. Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.

Best practice is to announce how many hours you have and how you know more than anyone here. Insisting on using your callsign is extra points.

Being serious for a moment, read a few threads in your area of interest and get a sense of who is serious and who is sarcastic. Also do some searching on topics of interest as most of the questions have already been asked and answered. Doesn't mean you can't ask again, just might help to say you've looked and need a few more specifics.

Welcome and please introduce yourself.

Were are an emotionally dainty bunch, so be careful. Especially half fast and the one known as eman 1200. Isn't that right guys? Oh and no sarcasm. nope no sarcasm here.
But, honestly there is a lot of talent and good info to be had here. Both aviation and not. Quite an eclectic bunch that just happen to share a love of flying.

Were are an emotionally dainty bunch, so be careful. Especially half fast and the one known as eman 1200. Isn't that right guys? Oh and no sarcasm. nope no sarcasm here.
But, honestly there is a lot of talent and good info to be had here. Both aviation and not. Quite an eclectic bunch that just happen to share a love of flying.

reported.

Juliet Uniform - Welcome! Rip some questions, watch the show.

Good morning. I am an aspiring, career 2.0, airline pilot. New to the group as of today. I've read the rules but I don't see anything about where to make introductions which I would assume are appreciated before I begin asking questions. Could someone point me in the right direction before I start off on the wrong foot? Thank you!
Johnny Utah
Welcome.
And don't get offended by the posterior orifice openings offering flaming corrections. Most don't take the time to understand before they run their grubby nubs over the keyboard.

Johnny Utah
Point Break? You’ll fit right in.

Johnny Utah

Welcome. We'll need your opinion on High-Wing vs. Low-Wing soon so we can argue about it and your shoe size for the official PoA socks we intend to deliver for New Years.

P.S. There is PoA sock program yet.

Back