Introducing myself and looking for a fellow pilot.

ProspectingCFI

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
Hello. Airplane and aviation fanatic here. Just started out last may. I am a multi engine cfi and instrument rated pilot. Still working on commercial and cfi singles. Here looking to meet new people and learn new things. Also, find somebody interested in time building with me and splitting the costs and the pic time. I have my complex obviously and hi performance as well. I'm interested in either single or multi time and possibly doing some fun cross countries and inter-state flying, it is a lot of fun for those of you who haven't done that yet. Also, maybe you're just a private looking to add on multi, we can do that at no instruction cost to you, provided I like you and we get along fine :)
I'm in the Sacramento area. Lodi, specifically and willing to travel. Thanks! Matt

Welcome to POA. I know we have at least one POAer in the Sacramento Area and more than a few in NorCal. Look forward to your participation.

Thanks for all the welcomings and the invites. I sure cant wait until I can buy my own plane! So jealous. Well, maybe I will be able to meet you guys sometime and if anyone likes the sound of my offer lets meet up and talk about it!

Thanks for all the welcomings and the invites. I sure cant wait until I can buy my own plane! So jealous. Well, maybe I will be able to meet you guys sometime and if anyone likes the sound of my offer lets meet up and talk about it!

Hi Matt,
Keep an eye on the Flyin threads. Several of the pilots are renters and some like to split costs. This would be a good way to meet someone who might want to fly with you regularly. I have organized one for the 23rd at Columbia and looks like we have about 11 planes, so far. We did one last month to HAF and had over 20 people show up and we pull together smaller last minute ones most weekends. There will probably be one Saturday. There is an event in Oakdale (spot landing contest).
John

Come over and say HI to us here in Stockton (KSCK) sometime.
We often have opportunities to fly and could use an extra pilot once in a while. If nothing else, we've got a few cool planes to see and hey, we're good people too :)

Craig Vincent
The Plane Exchange
(inside Atlantic Aviation)
209-451-2757

Matt,

Too bad you are so far away.

Kimberly

PS - If you can make it on March 23 to the Columbia Airport, John is organizing a large group of pilots, many of whom are "near to you" and might like your offer. If you can get to John's event it might help you. I am not yet sure if I can go but that's only because everything right now in my life is sort of requiring me to make decisions last minute. That will change by April.

Good info I will keep an eye on those threads and Columbia is close enough to me I may just rent my local c210 and get over there if I can..

SCK is in my backyard pretty much. I met I guy named Todd that flys a citation out of there. Good guy. So what opportunities to fly are you referring to Craig? And yeah, maybe I will have to stop by sometime.

Kimberly thanks for the reply, maybe we will run into each other sometime! I know what you mean, life goes up and down and we just have to manage it.

Giving this thread a bump in case anyone interested didn't see it yet. A few of you sent me PMs and I'm hoping we can fly together soon or even just hang out and chat aviation. Thanks again for the warm welcome. Great forum here.

Back