Intro to Aviation or Learning to Fly = Government 101?

N918KT

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
KT
Hey guys. I was wondering for people who are planning to participate in aviation in any form including learning to fly would learn a lot about the U.S. Government or just government in general?

It seems that most pilots on this board and other aviation forums know quite a bit about not just the FAA and the FAA regulations, but also how our U.S. Government works and maybe even how foreign governments works. I'm not sure if you are even lawyers or politicians (but I could be wrong), but it seems that pilots know a lot about governments.

So would you equate that for someone who is going to aviation for the first time or learning to fly equals Government 101?

I never knew a lot about politics and governments until I was taking some flight lessons and studied aviation in college.

Hey guys. I was wondering for people who are planning to participate in aviation in any form including learning to fly would learn a lot about the U.S. Government or just government in general?

It seems that most pilots on this board and other aviation forums know quite a bit about not just the FAA and the FAA regulations, but also how our U.S. Government works and maybe even how foreign governments works. I'm not sure if you are even lawyers or politicians (but I could be wrong), but it seems that pilots know a lot about governments.

So would you equate that for someone who is going to aviation for the first time or learning to fly equals Government 101?

I never knew a lot about politics and governments until I was taking some flight lessons and studied aviation in college.

In general, pilots "know" a lot on every conceivable subject on earth. Just ask. But no, I wouldn't equate flight knowledge (in your context, knowledge of the FAR's) as a form of "government" training. Other than it is a good example of how bureaucracies can overstep their reach.

I mean its not just the FAR's and the FAA regulations that they know. I feel they know a lot about the U.S. Government and maybe governments in other countries.

I mean its not just the FAR's and the FAA regulations that they know. I feel they know a lot about the U.S. Government and maybe governments in other countries.

I know a reasonable amount about both, but becoming a pilot had nothing to do with it.

Be careful...

Don't confuse what people say here to be truth. They often convince themselves of things completely incorrect. Just a part of the human condition.

The US government has a very direct say in what we do when we fly. Hence we tend to be a bit better informed about its workings.

I would say more likely correlation rather than causation.

I would say I know a lot about government, but I knew that well before becoming a pilot.

I would say more likely correlation rather than causation.

I would say I know a lot about government, but I knew that well before becoming a pilot.

I would agree with that.

Well you do learn, or rather further learn, how inept, overbearing and bloated government really is.

I learned to fly, learned to fly for the government, still fly for the government, and I still don't know our own government. Flying has had zero correlation to Government 101.

People with the drive to learn how to fly often have the drive to be well informed about other things as well.

People with the drive to learn how to fly often have the drive to be well informed about other things as well.

Anyone with the drive to do anything has the drive to be well informed about anything else.

I learned to fly, learned to fly for the government, still fly for the government, and I still don't know our own government. Flying has had zero correlation to Government 101.
Scans his dials and smiles
Secure in the beauty of military life
There is no right or wrong
Only tin cans and cordite and white cliffs
And blue skies and flight flight flight
The beauty of military life
No questions only orders and flight only flight
What a beautiful sight in his wild blue dream
The eternal child leafs through his
War magazine
And his kind Uncle Sam feeds ten trillion in
Change into the total entertainment