intraocular melanoma (not me!)

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Hi Dr. Bruce

a friend of mine just told me a friend of hers has intraocular melanoma, they just found it one week ago and apparently Thursday they are removing her eye! I guess they said it can spread very quickly to the liver and lungs?

does this sound right? she's seen a lot of doctors and even went to John Hopkins. I don't know anything else yet.

this is awful. she can see out of that eye just fine.

woodstock said:
Hi Dr. Bruce

a friend of mine just told me a friend of hers has intraocular melanoma, they just found it one week ago and apparently Thursday they are removing her eye! I guess they said it can spread very quickly to the liver and lungs?

does this sound right? she's seen a lot of doctors and even went to John Hopkins. I don't know anything else yet.

this is awful. she can see out of that eye just fine.
Jeepers Beth, she has a life expectancy of about 18 months. Some escape but this is the absolute WORST killer version of Melanoma. I did a Lifeline trip for a man in his 20s who had it- and he was dead five months later.

Tommorow is as late as tolerable. Time to hang crepe paper, usually.

bbchien said:
Jeepers Beth, she has a life expectancy of about 18 months. Some escape but this is the absolute WORST killer version of Melanoma. I did a Lifeline trip for a man in his 20s who had it- and he was dead five months later.

Tommorow is as late as tolerable. Time to hang crepe paper, usually.

Oh my God. :(

I have not spoken to her (I don't know her, I'm friends with her friend) but from what I can tell she sounds pretty chipper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back