Into the clouds at 500 feet!!

Peter Anderson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SVTPete83
More single pilot IFR in my Vans RV9A. Santa Rosa to Napa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Do you log actual down to hundredths of an hour?

I log it to the tenth. I think this flight was .3 total. Something like that. A good chunk of the flight I could actually see the ground.

I log it to the tenth. I think this flight was .3 total. Something like that. A good chunk of the flight I could actually see the ground.

I sure liked the imagery. Thanks for all the work to make this video.

I remember taking off at Santa Rosa for some solo IMC when it was 100' OVC. My plan was to fly the ILS until the ceiling improved.

Santa Rosa is so interesting with the weather. It can go from 100'OVC to CAVU in a half hour!!

When is the wife's first solo cross country due? Ya looking for nitpicks on this one like the last one?

Always looking for feedback and to improve! Her solo CC should be this week. She is fling from ccr to kmer. She is pretty stoked!

I sure liked the imagery. Thanks for all the work to make this video.

I remember taking off at Santa Rosa for some solo IMC when it was 100' OVC. My plan was to fly the ILS until the ceiling improved.

Santa Rosa is so interesting with the weather. It can go from 100'OVC to CAVU in a half hour!!

It is pretty wild how fast it changes out there! It’s usually the best kind of IMC though. No bumps or convective stuff. I love it!

yup! I love it.. blast into an overcast layer and by the time you are at 3,500 you are in the clear blue skies.. no ice, no bumps.. it's great "beginner IMC"

And 'not current and not rated IMC.' If every not rated/not current pilot in California who got climbs to OTP and cancel turned Green all of a sudden, you'd think it was Saint freakin Patricks day.

Always looking for feedback and to improve! Her solo CC should be this week. She is fling from ccr to kmer. She is pretty stoked!

Cool. My first solo Cross Country was more of a highlight than first solo. I've heard many others say that to.
At about 11:30 Center said fly heading 140. They had given that to you earlier as well. At about 12:30 you look at the panel, it says HDG 135. You said something like "I guess were on the Track 140, so..." Made me wonder if you were actually intending to fly the Track instead of the Heading.

Cool. My first solo Cross Country was more of a highlight than first solo. I've heard many others say that to.
At about 11:30 Center said fly heading 140. They had given that to you earlier as well. At about 12:30 you look at the panel, it says HDG 135. You said something like "I guess were on the Track 140, so..." Made me wonder if you were actually intending to fly the Track instead of the Heading.

Something is not working correctly when tracking heading in the grt. I think I need to align the magnetometer better as I think I am getting different readings on each screen at times. I looked into it a bit after I landed. I think the heading to track incorrectly. I need to fly to a good compass rose with no metal objects nearby to get it perfect. But you have a good eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Something is not working correctly when tracking heading in the grt. I think I need to align the magnetometer better as I think I am getting different readings on each screen at times. I looked into it a bit after I landed. I think the heading to track incorrectly. I need to fly to a good compass rose with no metal objects nearby to get it perfect. But you have a good eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ah. Yeah, there was something later about a GR something or other.

Back