Interview! Coming up...

ntbjounin

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jounin
Hey! I just got called for an interview with Landcare Aviation.

I'll fly up to SYR and drive over to Rome, NY for my interview next Wed.

Anyone want to meet up or anything?

Also, what do you all think I should study before hand? This'll be my first in person interview, so any help is welcome!

The job is... They give me a 172 with all this special photography equipment on board, and I take it around the country to their exact locations, and the computer shows me GPS gridlines that I need to follow on a precise heading, so the computer can take photos of the area below. I'd be on the road alone with my 172 for up to 7 months. Fine with me.

Sounds like a fun job!

Let me know what evening(s) you're available. I'll fly the Mooney up to meet up and we can grab dinner or something (wx and mx permitting).

The job is... They give me a 172 with all this special photography equipment on board, and I take it around the country to their exact locations, and the computer shows me GPS gridlines that I need to follow on a precise heading, so the computer can take photos of the area below. I'd be on the road alone with my 172 for up to 7 months. Fine with me.
Wow!!

Nice. I had that same job offer, but couldn't stand the thought of being away for 7-8 months. I would love to do that job. Have fun, and good luck!

Interesting. Any idea what the photos are for? I know they do a lot of aerial photography of crops around here for John Deere, but I don't think they send anybody out that long-term.

Interesting. Any idea what the photos are for? I know they do a lot of aerial photography of crops around here for John Deere, but I don't think they send anybody out that long-term.
no idea what they're for

That would be an interesting experience for you.

Here's a little bit about what they do with the photos on their website. It's probably good to know something about the company before you go for your interview. Good luck!

http://www.landvue.com/About LAI.html

Man, if I was young and single - I'd do it in a heartbeat. For one year the CG gave me a GovVehicle, a Diner's club card, and said "go forth and get email up and running at all our shore units (and any cutters in port). I had a great time, put a huge amount of mileage on the vehicle, and saw a bunch of the country.

Unless you've got obligations that keep you home - you're on for a great adventure.

Most pilot interviews are geared to evaluating the applicant's knowledge of the applicable regs, procedures, airspace and other issues that can help them hire the best person for the job. If you can talk to any of their pilots or other pilots who do similar jobs, that might give you an idea.

Hey! I just got called for an interview with Landcare Aviation.

I'll fly up to SYR and drive over to Rome, NY for my interview next Wed.

Anyone want to meet up or anything?

Also, what do you all think I should study before hand? This'll be my first in person interview, so any help is welcome!

Back