International Info FBOs and Fuel

Larryo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Larryo
All,

I'm looking for good sources for info on international. Caribbean, Canada and Central America.

What's hard to get is FBO, fuel prices, and general handling info.

Ideas?

Larry, I've emailed someone who might know... will let you know what she replies...

Thanks all....

Jason, that is a good book and their web site has a lot of fuel prices... yikes, they are HIGH!

Lear, I've had trouble with AKuKwik. Can't get any prices, and anything outside the Carabbean requires a subscription. But thx.

Thanks all....

Jason, that is a good book and their web site has a lot of fuel prices... yikes, they are HIGH!

Lear, I've had trouble with AKuKwik. Can't get any prices, and anything outside the Carabbean requires a subscription. But thx.

No problem, Larry. I use AkuKwik International, Universal Planner, and Caribbean Pilot's Guide for our international trips in dispatch on a daily basis. Not all the info is in one place, so you have to grab it from a few different sources sometimes.

For Canada the Canadian Supplement (equivalent to A/FD) lists all the FBO's. It doesn't say anything about fuel prices though.

Unless you are using a flight planning service you are going to have to make a lot of phone calls. Keep in mind fuel prices change quite often.

If you have gotten used to the readily available information when you fly in the US, you can forget it when it comes to international operations. To get up to date information you will have to pay for the information. If you are going to fly out of the country a lot it may be worth it. However, it can be pretty expensive.

If you have a Jeppesen coverage for Latin America, there is a lot of information that is extremely useful. Entry requirements for each country, ATC and flight rules which differ from the USA FAR's.

Doing really good pre-planning will make your trip go as good as possible.

Where are you planning on flying to?

Back