International freight shipment from Rajkot, India

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
A friend that does a lot of international business is looking for an air freight shipper to fly 190,000 pounds; about 1700 CF out of Rajkot to the States. Wondered how to locate some of the independents. Evidently, a quote from a large carrier was a bit intimidating to him (g).

Any suggestions welcomed. I don't really know a thing about this. He just asked me for any help I could offer.

Thanks,

Dave

Gracious me. I cannot imagine shipping that much stuff, that far, without the cost bing intimidating.

Maybe Henning has a bud with an Antonov?

I volunteer to make 100 trips in the king air! Lol.... Or at least 3... I may be sick of it after that lol

A friend that does a lot of international business is looking for an air freight shipper to fly 190,000 pounds; about 1700 CF out of Rajkot to the States. Wondered how to locate some of the independents. Evidently, a quote from a large carrier was a bit intimidating to him (g).

Any suggestions welcomed. I don't really know a thing about this. He just asked me for any help I could offer.

Thanks,

Dave

Dang, that's an awful lot of trips in the King Air, Dave.....

190K pounds of goods is basically going to be at the upper end of what an airplane can carry, if it all needs to come together. So you are looking at probably looking at the carriers with a 747 freighter or 777 freighter.

Thanks Steve. I have another friend that flies for the airlines, said that it would probably be two loads. They are bidding it. I'll pass this along. Have NO IDEA what will happen, but really appreciate being able to get something back to my friend.

KA just wouldn't have the range for this stuff folks (g). Thanks for the good wishes.

Best,

Dave

Gracious me. I cannot imagine shipping that much stuff, that far, without the cost bing intimidating.

Maybe Henning has a bud with an Antonov?

Actually I have connections with the big Ant, if he was intimidated from the main line carriers, their quote will cause him to run screaming.:hairraise:

My BIL is a dispatcher for Kalitta's 747 freighters...

Back