Interesting to see if this plays at all.

Normally, I'd call this a push around lawsuit, but in this case, he's right. There's no excuse for the pain and discomfort he experienced at the hands of the airlines.

No doubt that the airlines need to change what they do in a big big way, but A) if he wins, all the airlines are screwed with that kind of precedent, and Greyhound ain't that nice, and B)couldn't he find better grounds to sue than "they messed with my vacation"? Sue them for hotel and clothing expenses, but since when was rudeness suit worthy? Talk to the supervisor or the supervisor's supervisor, but if there was a law suit for every time a service employee was rude...

I hate the way the gate agents in BOS and LGA treat the pax, which is why I go against our company manual and answer people's questions when we're delayed (I know they're only going to get more ****ed if they have to talk to the gate agents). That said, I don't think they should sue the agents or the airlines for their lack of hospitality...that's what supervisors and complaint lines are for, not the judicial system.

Silly lawyer (not). HE should have known that the only reliable way to do this was to charter a G-IV.

Sigh.

No doubt that the airlines need to change what they do in a big big way, but A) if he wins, all the airlines are screwed with that kind of precedent, and Greyhound ain't that nice, and B)couldn't he find better grounds to sue than "they messed with my vacation"? Sue them for hotel and clothing expenses, but since when was rudeness suit worthy? Talk to the supervisor or the supervisor's supervisor, but if there was a law suit for every time a service employee was rude...

I hate the way the gate agents in BOS and LGA treat the pax, which is why I go against our company manual and answer people's questions when we're delayed (I know they're only going to get more ****ed if they have to talk to the gate agents). That said, I don't think they should sue the agents or the airlines for their lack of hospitality...that's what supervisors and complaint lines are for, not the judicial system.
Management does not listen to their employees or their customers. Suing the airline might make them look up from tehir bonus checks and take note of what is actually happening and do something to improve customer service.

I was on the phone with a UAL CS person and made the statement 'you guys really do suck as a company' her response floored me, she said "yep, we sure do, not sure why anyone flies with us". It was obvious that the employees feel that they are in no position to make changes to improve anything.

Management does not listen to their employees or their customers. Suing the airline might make them look up from tehir bonus checks and take note of what is actually happening and do something to improve customer service.

I was on the phone with a UAL CS person and made the statement 'you guys really do suck as a company' her response floored me, she said "yep, we sure do, not sure why anyone flies with us". It was obvious that the employees feel that they are in no position to make changes to improve anything.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you (I'll be the first to tell you not to fly US Airways, especially if you EVER want to see your bags again), I don't think a lawsuit is justified just because your vacation sucked. There HAS to be a better way.

And even if he does win, what are the odds it's going to affect the execs any more than a customer complaint would (company goes under from paying out these suits, I don't think the CEO is going to be in the unemployment line with his pilots, mechanics, and gate/ramp agents)?

Back