Interesting Tiger in Trade a Plane

Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
Tiger listed in Trade a Plane. Could be a good fix er upper or a candidate to flip.

1978 GRUMMAN TIGER, 6169-TT, 1963-SMOH, (2)KX170 NavComs, KR85 ADF, DME-190, KMA-20, Cent.IIB A/P, SPA-400 intercom. Needs engine tear-down, inspection due to prop strike & assembly. New propeller. Asking $27,500. FL/(386) 439-2036 hm, (386) 793-3459 cell.

Len

Hmm - add another what, $5k minimum and $25k if it needs a new engine?

Did they have pics?

Greebo said:
Hmm - add another what, $5k minimum and $25k if it needs a new engine?

Did they have pics?

No pictures.

The airplane is located in Florida...I'd like to know more about the paint, interior and plexiglass.

With over 6,000 hours on the airframe the aircraft flew an average of about 220 hours a year. I'd also want to know how tight the control linkages feel and I'd like to know more details about how the prop strike occured.

With a zero time engine Vref lists the airplane at $60K with existing avionics and everthing else marked as average. There is some room to work between the asking price and what the plane could be worth.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
I'd like to know more details about how the prop strike occured.
Yeah, considering FL, did the prop strike occur as a result of one or more of the hurricanes striking the airplane against one or more hangars? :(

gkainz said:
Yeah, considering FL, did the prop strike occur as a result of one or more of the hurricanes striking the airplane against one or more hangars?

Greg,

Hadn't thought about it in those terms. I was thinking prop strike as opposed to strike prop.

Seriously, in so much as a Tiger is a fixed gear aircraft I figured somebody landed either hard or long or both...or...taxi'd into a light or a ditch or something.

Len

gkainz said:
Yeah, considering FL, did the prop strike occur as a result of one or more of the hurricanes striking the airplane against one or more hangars? :(
Nah, the hurricane damages are all fixed by now.

Len Lanetti said:
Greg,
Seriously, in so much as a Tiger is a fixed gear aircraft I figured somebody landed either hard or long or both...or...taxi'd into a light or a ditch or something.

Len

....or an alligator on the runway.:D

Silicon Rallye said:
....or an alligator on the runway.:D
Now THAT I have seen happen. A Cherokee nailed one on a grass strip.

Final score:
Alligator 1
Cherokee 0

Last edited:
Ken Ibold said:
Now THAT I have seen happen. A Cherokee nailed one on a grass strip.

Final score:
Alligator 1
Cherokee 0

Ken,

The alligator won!?

Len

Len Lanetti said:
Ken,

The alligator won!?

Len
You bet it did. The Cherokee lost one of its wheels and plowed into a ditch and the alligator slinked away into a canal. They're tough critters.

Len Lanetti said:
Tiger listed in Trade a Plane. Could be a good fix er upper or a candidate to flip.

1978 GRUMMAN TIGER, 6169-TT, 1963-SMOH, (2)KX170 NavComs, KR85 ADF, DME-190, KMA-20, Cent.IIB A/P, SPA-400 intercom. Needs engine tear-down, inspection due to prop strike & assembly. New propeller. Asking $27,500. FL/(386) 439-2036 hm, (386) 793-3459 cell.

Len
Apparently the guy also owns a Teal Amphib.
check out the phone number/address of the first guy on the list.

http://home.c2i.net/otter32/teal/teal_contacts.htm

N-number : N1968S
Aircraft Serial Number : 1
Aircraft Manufacturer : THURSTON
Model : TSC-1A1
Engine Manufacturer : LYCOMING
Model : 0-320 SERIES
Aircraft Year : 1992
Owner Name : AANONSEN PER
Owner Address : 2036 N A1A
FLAGLER BEACH, FL, 32136
Type of Owner : Individual