Interesting Passenger Vertigo

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
I had an interesting experience last night with one of my best friends. I took him and some others on my favorite flight: down around the chicago skyline at night.

When I do this and there's no moon in the sky I never look towards lake Michigan; it's just a black hole. It's not just the pilot that can get the leans, though. He was staring out over the lake and suddenly snapped his head back facing forward with a simultaneous "Oh ****!" This was a night where there was no discernible horizon period. He said that for a second or so he swore we were entering a dive.

Just sharing an experience. It's amazing how powerful that darkening void can be.

Honestly I've never experienced vertigo while flying, but it is one of my great fears.

Wow, I've never experienced anything quite that severe. The most I've experienced like that was maybe thinking I was in a turn when I was straight and level.

Do you bring bags with you, in case someone gets sick?

I find having sick bags always present lessens worries about making a mess for both passengers and pilot, thereby reducing the chances of even needing them.

Hapened to my adult daughter. We were flying in an obvious crab, Nose pointing one way, plane going another way and the clouds overhead going a third way.

She neve flew with me again.

Paul
2AZ1

Back