Interesting Gadget for travel on airlines

Most airlines will confiscate them if they find them being used since the person in the seat being blocked has a "right" to recline. :rolleyes2:

Cheers

Most airlines will confiscate them if they find them being used since the person in the seat being blocked has a "right" to recline. :rolleyes2:

Cheers

Then there is Spirit Airlines with their "pre-reclined" seats (aka, they don't).

So your comfort precludes that of the passenger in front of you?

Cheers

under what theory of contract? I can see them asking you to remove it - then if you refuse you are interfering and refusing an instruction of the flight crew.

I solve this 'problem' by simply simply crossing my leg and then simply moving my legs alot - kicking the seat in front of me repetitively. If the guy complains I suggest that moving their seat back up a couple of inches would result in his seat not being in contact with my leg. Before I do this I ask the person to not recline so far since I cannot access my tray table and use my computer. If they play nice - then all is cool - you can recline - just not into my lap.

I've also been known to 'accidentially' spill a drink on someone's head getting up to go to the restroom.

Again - we can all get along here- I NEVER put my seat back past the 50% point - its the totally selfish people who get passively aggressively 'addressed.'

Talk about a passive aggressive crutch for people that don't have the confidence to simply ask someone to be considerate. Excessive reclining sucks, but be a man (or woman) about it, and just say something. If you are a big enough ***** to buy something like this, you deserve to have it confiscated, just like you deserve to be walked all over in life.

Talk about a passive aggressive crutch for people that don't have the confidence to simply ask someone to be considerate. Excessive reclining sucks, but be a man (or woman) about it, and just say something. If you are a big enough ***** to buy something like this, you deserve to have it confiscated, just like you deserve to be walked all over in life.
I agree. Man up! Or if it's really that awful, fly business class.

ROTFLMAO. "Excessive reclining" :D

What aircraft has "excessive reclining"? Business class and first class don't count.

ROTFLMAO. "Excessive reclining" :D

What aircraft has "excessive reclining"? Business class and first class don't count.
That is kind of what I was thinking....people taking advantage of the designed function of the seats never bothered me to the point that I would need to even ask them not to, let alone get air-raged about it.

I don't get it. I fly commercially as little as possible, but when I do, it doesn't bother me if the guy ahead of me reclines -- and I'm 6' tall. And I'm flying the cheapest, most awful seats available.

I've found that if I recline, too, then the guy ahead of me reclining doesn't matter at all. Maybe if EVERYONE reclined, this wouldn't be an issue? :lol:

That is kind of what I was thinking....people taking advantage of the designed function of the seats never bothered me to the point that I would need to even ask them not to, let alone get air-raged about it.

Not saying I get angry about it, and on the contrary, I think it is bizarre that folks DO in fact rage about this kind of thing. My only gripe is when you have that guy in front of you that goes full back, and you are trying to read or work on the laptop or something, and now his head is in your face. But even then, it isn't that big of a deal. My point was that if you ARE going to get so upset about it, then say something......it isn't your decision to make whether or not someone reclines.

Lots of airlines make it so that when you recline, your seat slides forward a little. I like that give and take. I actually prefer the person to recline in that situation.

It's not the reclining that bothers me as much as the guy that throws his seat back so fast it crunches my laptop. I might use these to at least protect my investment.

Why are people acting as if it's the fault of the guy in front of them. Complain to the airlines about the dumba** seats they buy.

The seats are uncomfortable enough without someone behind me wanting me to keep the seat in the upright position (the most uncomfortable configuration) so that they are have more space.

Go ahead and kick the seat back. Act like a fuc**** two year old.

My point was that if you ARE going to get so upset about it, then say something......it isn't your decision to make whether or not someone reclines.
I agree....my comment was more directed at Comanche Pilot's approach.

It's not the reclining that bothers me as much as the guy that throws his seat back so fast it crunches my laptop. I might use these to at least protect my investment.
The one time it does annoy me is when the person in front slams it back during the takeoff roll or right after the wheels leave the ground.

Exit row.

Or just recline your seat and make it the person-behind-you's problem.

Anyone know if they make personal electric fences so I can keep sketchy people away from me on the subway?

Just sit straight up in your seat and whisper audibly to your laptop as you pretend to build an excel spreadsheet. As you breathe, blow gently on the top of his head.

Why are people acting as if it's the fault of the guy in front of them. Complain to the airlines about the dumba** seats they buy.

Or about the seat spacing.

I figure that if I buy a ticket to sit in a sardine can, then I should be willing to put up with sardine can conditions for the length of the flight.

Sure, the seat of the person ahead of me is their "purchase" to do with as they please. But the tray table on my side is MY purchase. So go ahead and recline. After 45 minutes of me rocking the tray table in the most irritating way possible, my request that you not recline into my knees will seem reasonable.

So your comfort precludes that of the passenger in front of you?

I'm 6'4". In most airline seats, the person in front of me isn't going to be reclining at all anyway, as my knees are jammed up against the seat in front of me as soon as I sit down.

So, they're going to be equally uncomfortable... I might just have some knees left at the end of the flight. I try to be polite but some people are clueless jerks.

As much as I travel, I'm getting them.
If you installed those on "my" seat I'd ask the FA to remove them or get me a different seat. When I fly commercially (fairly rare these days) I prefer to recline the seat fully for my comfort. I'll take care to do it slowly so I don't crash into the person behind me or dump their beverage but I don't believe I should have to sacrifice my comfort to enhance the comfort of someone else.

People are retarded. You want the seat in front of you upright? Buy a ticket for that seat.

People are retarded. You want the seat in front of you upright? Buy a ticket for that seat.

Buy 4 tickets, Your seat, the one next to you, and the ones in front of and behind you.

Buy 4 tickets, Your seat, the one next to you, and the ones in front of and behind you.

Except that wouldn't work, because you can only check in once and the three "others" will go to the people they overbooked on that flight. :frown2:

Sure, the seat of the person ahead of me is their "purchase" to do with as they please. But the tray table on my side is MY purchase. So go ahead and recline. After 45 minutes of me rocking the tray table in the most irritating way possible, my request that you not recline into my knees will seem reasonable.

I just don't understand the logic in punishing a fellow passenger for the seat design decision of the airline.

Except that wouldn't work, because you can only check in once and the three "others" will go to the people they overbooked on that flight. :frown2:

If you were going to spend that much money, would it be enough to pay for a seat in first class?

I'm 6'4". In most airline seats, the person in front of me isn't going to be reclining at all anyway, as my knees are jammed up against the seat in front of me as soon as I sit down.

So, they're going to be equally uncomfortable... I might just have some knees left at the end of the flight. I try to be polite but some people are clueless jerks.

If a tall person asked politely, I would certainly comply with the request.

Or.... buy your own airplane and avoid the knee crushing, recline limiting, and body cavity searching by flying it yourself.

Or.... buy your own airplane and avoid the knee crushing, recline limiting, and body cavity searching by flying it yourself.

This!

For all the bellyaching about "time to spare, go by air" my dispatch reliability on trips as an IFR pilot flying mostly non-FIKI equipment is quite good. In addition, even with a relatively modestly fast airplane such as the 182 or DA40, I can at least tie the airlines in terms of door-to-door time pretty much anywhere east of the Rockies from here in the Midwest. With the Mooney, I can beat them. The only place the airlines win is cost, but if the mission works for GA I'd rather pay the extra $$$ for the enjoyment and lack of hassles when it comes to GA.

Now, if I had a FIKI plane I'd be all set.

This!

For all the bellyaching about "time to spare, go by air" my dispatch reliability on trips as an IFR pilot flying mostly non-FIKI equipment is quite good. In addition, even with a relatively modestly fast airplane such as the 182 or DA40, I can at least tie the airlines in terms of door-to-door time pretty much anywhere east of the Rockies from here in the Midwest. With the Mooney, I can beat them. The only place the airlines win is cost, but if the mission works for GA I'd rather pay the extra $$$ for the enjoyment and lack of hassles when it comes to GA.

Now, if I had a FIKI plane I'd be all set.

This.

I have absolutely, positively, had better flight reliability flying myself than with the airlines. I guess I should say, with AA, who have had an amazingly abysmal rate of flight cancellations -for me- over the years. Always on the headed-home leg. I believe it to have been an anomaly, as they have a generally good record, I hear.

Never had a cancellation on SWA yet.

Back