Interesting compensation question (adult oriented topic)

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I was trying to explain the whole "Flight for compensation" thing to a non pilot friend, and he came up with a hell of a question.

Lets say I'm going to fly a chick from Albuquerque to someplace she really needs to be, and in exchange, she performs.....services for the trip.

Can sex be considered a form of compensation? Is there any case law to support sex as compensation?

I was trying to explain the whole "Flight for compensation" thing to a non pilot friend, and he came up with a hell of a question.

Lets say I'm going to fly a chick from Albuquerque to someplace she really needs to be, and in exchange, she performs.....services for the trip.

Can sex be considered a form of compensation? Is there any case law to support sex as compensation?

As long as it's her way of saying "Thanks Nick", there's no problem.

On second thought though, if the Fed has an "A** Gas or Grass" bumpersticker, you might get a hassle.

If she's from ABQ are you sure you want to allow that to happen?

Well, I'd think that the two key questions are:
- does the market value of the sex act exceed the passenger's pro rata share of the expenses of the flight?
- do the pilot and passenger share a "common purpose" in making the trip, or is the pilot just making this flight because it's the only way he can score?

And possibly a third:
- is the pilot such a loser that the sex act could be described as part of a "charitable airlift?"
-harry

Well, I'd think that the two key questions are:
- does the market value of the sex act exceed the passenger's pro rata share of the expenses of the flight?
- do the pilot and passenger share a "common purpose" in making the trip, or is the pilot just making this flight because it's the only way he can score?

And possibly a third:
- is the pilot such a loser that the sex act could be described as part of a "charitable airlift?"
-harry

Now that's funny right there!:rofl:

I seem to recall the FAA saying the expectation of goodwill earned by flying a colleague/boss/client can be construed as enough compensation to turn a private flight into a commercial one, so therefore simply the expectation of sex would shift this into a Part 135 situation as well. Barter, barter, barter.

I've said it before, everything about flying is illegal. That's why it's so much fun.

(c) A private pilot may not pay less than the pro rata share of the operating expenses of a flight with passengers, provided the expenses involve only fuel, oil, airport expenditures, or rental fees.

I think the key questions are:

1) What were the expenses for the flight?
2) What was the "compensation" worth to you? (Careful answering this one in her presence)

If the "compensation" was worth more than 1/2 the expenses (assuming she was the only passenger), then you may have some problems ;)

If she provides the airplane then you're good with a commercial certificate and a recent second-class medical. I recommend asking for payment in advance, or at least 50% up front.

Haven't seen that line on the 1040 -- maybe it's on a supporting schedule?

I belive all - you - all are L@@King at this the wrong way.

If the "act" was an unexpected little (just assuming size) treat whilst flying along and not part of an expectation......

Well then, slurp away.......

PS. - From experience - use the auto pilot, ATC doesnt like altitude variations.

If the "act" was an unexpected little (just assuming size) treat whilst flying along and not part of an expectation......

PS. - From experience - use the auto pilot, ATC doesnt like altitude variations.

Showoff.

....in exchange, she performs.....services for the trip.

Well, with all the guffaws from the peanut gallery, here comes the correct answer. if the service was indeed performed 'in exchange' for the ride, then the answer is yes, it is a commercial operation. Additionally, the purpose of the trip was to move the - er, cargo from one G spot to another spot. This would also scream out as a commercial exchange of fluids, uh, I mean services.

From experience? And your username is what again?

I'm just going to back out of this thread slowly now.... :D

Well, with all the guffaws from the peanut gallery, here comes the correct answer. if the service was indeed performed 'in exchange' for the ride, then the answer is yes, it is a commercial operation. Additionally, the purpose of the trip was to move the - er, cargo from one G spot to another spot. This would also scream out as a commercial exchange of fluids, uh, I mean services.

And they say Connies use a lot of lubricating oil....

Hummm, don't let the nick let your mind wonder into the realm of self satisfaction. The nick was bestowed upon me because of my interesting appetite and the food products I introduce whilst in a twist of body parts. Yummy.

If the service is in exchange for the ride one must ask if the the service reached the expectation of satisfaction for the ride. If in fact the the ride did not meet the expectation and only partially met the expectation then this would not constitute a completed obligation and therefore not be considered fulfillment of obligation and thusly, non commercial. However, If in fact the final obligation was accomplished and ATC did not notice, then SCREW IT...........again, and again, and again......try adding peanut butter.:yes:

You know the seats fold down in the back of the Tiger, creating a nice large "cargo" area. :D

You know the seats fold down in the back of the Tiger, creating a nice large "cargo" area. :D

No rear seats here, I took them out for now....

Could fit a queen size matress......:cheerswine:

Back