Interesting article about the TSA

I read that. Bruce Sheiner HAS to have his name on the no fly list.

I think the best is how they're willing to strip search people who are merely traveling but have no security whatsoever for the people that work in and around the airport. It's sorta like boarding up the windows but leaving the doors unlocked.

I read that. Bruce Sheiner HAS to have his name on the no fly list.

I think the best is how they're willing to strip search people who are merely traveling but have no security whatsoever for the people that work in and around the airport. It's sorta like boarding up the windows but leaving the doors unlocked.

The pilots get screened, but the guys driving the 12,000gal fuel trucks or pushing the catering carts onto the plane don't.

That article was damn near to scary, but an excellent telling of the complete worthlessness of "modern" airport security. The line about "We're responding to what terrorists did yesterday..." I thought was very telling.

The pilots get screened, but the guys driving the 12,000gal fuel trucks or pushing the catering carts onto the plane don't.

I have always said it would be easy to coerce a custodian, catering person, baggage handler and other low wage earners inot planting something on a aircraft. Thye screen the flight crew and little old ladies, but a worker on the ramp can easily get something on board. Dumb.

...That article was damn near to scary, but an excellent telling of the complete worthlessness of "modern" airport security. The line about "We're responding to what terrorists did yesterday..." I thought was very telling.

Well, c'mon, that part is Captain Obvious - banning matches and lighters and checking out shoes after Richard Reid and the liquids ban, which is responding today to an imagined threat from many years ago. I always said let's hope they don't make a second attempt ala Richard Reid with the explosives hidden in, say, his jockstrap. :hairraise:

Last edited:
Well, c'mon, that part is Captain Obvious - banning matches and lighters and checking out shoes after Richard Reid and the liquids ban, which is responding today to an imagined threat from many years ago. I always said let's hope they don't make a second attempt ala Richard Reid with the explosives hidden in, say, his jockstrap. :hairraise:

I dunno, I might just start to appreciate the TSA then...it'd certainly make my dinner in the food court by the check point more interesting if everyone had to take their underwear off! :rofl::hairraise:

The TSA is also claiming that someone who brings along a bunch of propaganda material like they did in this article (the hezbollah flag) is protected under free speech and that they won't be put through secondary screening because of their beliefs. Fair enough.

But then you can get searched because your facial expressions make you look like a terrorist? That's absurd.

-Felix

The TSA is also claiming that someone who brings along a bunch of propaganda material like they did in this article (the hezbollah flag) is protected under free speech and that they won't be put through secondary screening because of their beliefs. Fair enough.

But then you can get searched because your facial expressions make you look like a terrorist? That's absurd.

-Felix

That's logic and that's terrorist talk, right there, Felix! :yes:

That's logic and that's terrorist talk, right there, Felix! :yes:
Oh no! Please don't report me!

Although, since I'm a 'foreign aviation official' (don't know what that means, but the FAA said so), I've not had to deal with checkpoint security much :goofy:

-Felix
Ask JK Rowling about what the TSA tried to make her do with HP:TDH.

Basically she had the half written original manuscript that was still being worked and they refused to let her through security with it. They wanted her to check it. YEAH RIGHT!

You know where that would have ended up!

So he's basically saying that while Bruce Schneier made certain arguments and gave logical reasons for them, Bruce is wrong. Not for any particular reason, but he just is. Nice.

I do like this part:

Watch-lists and identity checks are important and effective security measures. We identify dozens of terrorist-related individuals a week and stop No-Flys regularly with our watch-list process.

Hm. Recently, DHS stated that only 2500 people were on the no fly list. So he's claiming that dozens out of those 2500 fly every week? Wow.

-Felix

So he's basically saying that while Bruce Schneier made certain arguments and gave logical reasons for them, Bruce is wrong. Not for any particular reason, but he just is. Nice.

I do like this part:

Hm. Recently, DHS stated that only 2500 people were on the no fly list. So he's claiming that dozens out of those 2500 fly every week? Wow.

-Felix
Yeah. yeah. IDENTIFY dozens. Confiscate 11,000,000 lighters. NOT ONE, once, ever have they arrested an actual terrorist.

But we can be sure that Mohammed Atta has not been able to board an airliner. :mad2:

OBEY! ALL IS WELL CITIZEN!

Back