Interesting airports around Vermont, New hampshire and maine

KUROWP

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Pere
Hello currently waiting on getting my medical to solo so me and my cfi are just building hours and honing techniques. He asked me if I want to fly any where in particular. Currently flying out of keen. Any suggestions are appreciated, maybe scenic routes or scenic airports, or tricky airports.

Laconia is close by, nice airport, can be sporty if the wind is blowing. Sanford ME, nice airport, good restaurant, Portsmouth (Pease, nh) huge runway, coastal views. Concord, NH, nice airport to practice, can get busy. Bar Harbor, Worcester MA, Fitchburg, the pilots assoc. there has donuts every Saturday at 8 am FPA hangar right behind terminal. Barnes, sometimes get to see big military tankers or F15s. Beverly, call up Boston approach, under Bravo, get some good ATC experience. Plymouth MA, nice restaurant. Chatham on the Cape, nice restaurant, always busy though.

Laconia is close by, nice airport, can be sporty if the wind is blowing. Sanford ME, nice airport, good restaurant, Portsmouth (Pease, nh) huge runway, coastal views. Concord, NH, nice airport to practice, can get busy. Bar Harbor, Worcester MA, Fitchburg, the pilots assoc. there has donuts every Saturday at 8 am FPA hangar right behind terminal. Barnes, sometimes get to see big military tankers or F15s. Beverly, call up Boston approach, under Bravo, get some good ATC experience. Plymouth MA, nice restaurant. Chatham on the Cape, nice restaurant, always busy though.
I've flown laconia, very nice I want to land at Alton Bay this winter. Thanks for all the suggestions. My parents live(and I grew up) right next to barnes, love the f15s miss the a-10.

You may have already done this, and your instructor may have already discussed this, but, along with fun/scenic trips, you can certainly fly and log the required dual cross country flight(s). And, I'd want to include trips to towered fields, Nashua, Lebanon, even Manchester Class C, etc. Eventually, you'll need solo landings at a tower airport anyway. And, you could get all of your night flying requirements, including the night cross-country, done as well. In a typical syllabus, these might be done after your first solo flights, but since you're waiting anyway, might as well make it count. Alton Bay, yes, on my bucket list, but hopefully you'll have your medical by the time they'd be frozen enough for ice ops!
Good luck!

Back