Interesting Airplane At Gaston's Next Year

gibbons

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iRide
Be on the lookout for an IAR-823at Gaston's next year. Reports are that Steve and Mary See will be arriving in their newly acquired airplane. Congratulations Steve!! :cheerswine:

I have an aquaintence just outside Philadelphia who just restored and IAR. He tells me it is FAST and has a great useful load.

Steve, congrats on the new aircraft! I think it fits you perfectly, very cool! Does it have a stick?

Steve said:
Thanks Chip, although it was all Diana's fault for extending the invitation to us to come up to Gaston's in '05.
That's OK Steve, I'm used to everything being all my fault. ;) Glad I could help out. :D

Steve said:
So this is what we came up with, a four place with respectable cruise for under $100k and potential for free parking at airshows. Something that fits my warbird interest without being a wallet buster.
Steve, I'm very happy and excited for you and Mary! Congratulations! What a pretty and unique airplane. I hope you all will be flying it to Gaston's in 2006.

Steve said:
We won't comment on the wing placement...:no:
If I don't tell you about how the wings are in the wrong place can I have a ride? :)

I'm confused Steve. Which plane is yours - the red bi wing, or the low wing?

oh - and congratulations

Steve said:
unique enough to be noticed in a "crowd". I've always been attracted airplanes that possess the "whathaheckizit" attribute and this one definitely has it.

Congrats, that plane fits ou like a glove!:D

I finally found this thread, and man, what a great airplane, Steve! Congratulations. It is unique. I never heard of these before. Romanian air force, 290 hp....it will be fun to get a closer look at it at Gaston's next year. Swee'pea will be jealous.

Steve said:
Thanks, Bill...I think.....LOL!Yea, kinda like people's pets that reflect their owners...hehe.

Oh, and

[Diana] Can I have a ride [/Diana]

I'm sorry I can't contain myself and apologize for the improper language in advance, but that is f*****g COOL! I thought I knew all the "affordable" warbirds in existence.

Steve,

That looks like a wonderful airplane and very unique. Maybe some time in a Grumman would have helped with the differntial braking. :)

Good luck! Hope I can see it in person.

Last edited:
That is a really cool looking plane!!

I can't wait to see at Gaston's!!!

Congrats

Congratulations, Steve and Mary. Hope you have many safe and happy hours in it.

Back