Interested in your own headset company ?

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I thought softcomm was bigger than that.

Wow. Didn't see that coming. I thought softcomm was bigger than that.

Maybe they have been down sizing over the years ... I know I have a 25 year old pair that is still working away, never been in for repair unlike some others I could name...

Is that a typo maybe? Gotta be $250,000, right?

Never was a fan of their headsets, them and asa, kinda like the disposable camera of headsets.

I've got couple sets. When I got them they were 1000% better than the non anr junky sets I replaced. (Wore the old ones since once and they were so loud thought something was wrong with plane!) I have several lightspeed sets and was trying a senheiser the other day I hadn't really figured out and put the old soft coms on for hour. They weren't as good as I remembered but not terrible. I did like the button on earpiece to push to talk though. For the money they weren't bad deal.

I stopped by there about a year ago, thinking the location was a sales office. It was not but the man opened his doors to me and sold me a pair for $100 to be used as a passenger spare. I was surprised how small the place was in this little industrial area. But the man was friendly, assured me he would take care of amy problems (there have been none) and the headsets work great for the purpose of why I bought them.

The only thing I have ever done to my 25 year old pair was add the HushKit Passive ear cup noise attenuation from Oregon Aero.

I have two passive sets which came with a plane. My DC H10-30s were much better quality, but the SoftComms worked well enough. I later received a SoftComm ANR set from my wife as a gift. They were just okay and went through batteries quickly. I have since moved up to Zulu 2s. The old SoftComm ANRs are my RV-4 backseat passenger set...rarely used.

I've got two pair of C-90s that I've had for about 15 years. One I use regularly and the other my wife uses when she flys with me. I'm happy with them. I did have to send my pair in for repair once. Not free, but fairly quick. If they go out of business I'll use them until they are no longer serviceable and then look for a replacement.

Back