Intercom issue

Scott MacKie

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
sbmackie
Hello,
Have an older install Sigtronics in my Pacer. Issue: with a student/passenger, a feedback/sounds like we're underwater/noise/poor clarity develops over time. Radio clarity is fine. Pulling a plug and re-inserting out one of the input plugs with one or the other headset clears it up, but it repeats over a few minutes. Doesn't seem related to how much it is being used, just a time thing. Not related to power setting. Solo doesn't happen. Is affected by type/age of headset in that newer designs seem to fight with my standard DC more rapidly then say two older designs.
Ideas?
Scott

Sigtronics is rather sensitive to mixing brands of headsets in my experience. Try swapping one or the other. I've never understood why every sigtronics panel mount I flew behind was terrible, but I have two sigtronics SPO units that work great. Not only have I used them for years in planes, but we grab them to use at NASCAR races so I can talk to the people with me and we can here the scanner.

Sigtronics is rather sensitive to mixing brands of headsets in my experience. Try swapping one or the other. I've never understood why every sigtronics panel mount I flew behind was terrible, but I have two sigtronics SPO units that work great. Not only have I used them for years in planes, but we grab them to use at NASCAR races so I can talk to the people with me and we can here the scanner.
I've done that. Does work better with two headsets of same manufacturer. With a fancy smancy noise redutor, or a later model standard with my 30 year old Dave Clark, not so much. Abd ditto on the portables. Had one in a Citabria years ago, worked great with any headset.

Make sure the ground to the individual jacks are grounded at the same place.

Back