Insurance Broker recommendation?

Luckypants

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Luckypants
My partners and I (yes, that's how I can afford to fly the Cirrus) are looking to take the ac from part 135 back into 91. I'll need to get the insurance quotes, and also see if they are going to require that we be instrument rated (none of us currently are). Suggestions?

I'm new here, been a lurker on COPA and the redboard for some while, but I really like the attitudes here. Thanks!

I found Parker Woodruff on this forum to be very helpfu.

Another company I can recommend is Alejandro Galioto who owns True course insurance out in California. He just happened not be licensed in the state that I needed to insure in.

I can't advise on any of the FAA regs but the insurance should be easy. Chris Wolpert at Air-Pros has been awesome http://www.air-pros.com/
I was so impressed with how hard he worked I sought him out at Osh just to say thanks and introduce myself.

That said on the recommedation of Spike from this board I called Alejandro Galioto to get a qoute. Spike SWEARS by Alejandro as do a lot of Beechcraft owners. I found Alejandro to be very honest. He could have BSed me but told me the qoute I got from Chris was exceptionally good and to go with Wolpert. I'd say you can't go wrong with either of those guys.

I'd also imagine that COPA would have some prefered guys.

And by the way welcome to POA!

I have been very happy with my broker, William Fielder. He can be reached at his business 815.736.6505. He handles insurance for several people that I know. He has me on Old Republic Insurance these days and has even offered me refunds when he was able to get the prices lowered.

Everybody has their favorite insurance broker. Mine is Chris Zanette. http://www.jet-insurance.com/. The reality is all the brokers will get you the same rate as they all shop the same insurance companies.

When choosing an agent, choose him/her by their customer service rather than pricing. When you're shopping around. you want to find someone who answers their phone and replies to emails quickly. If they are good on the front end, they're more likely to be good on the back end when you really need them (hopefully never).

Just my two cents worth :)

Here's one that's fairly close to home for you, not that that's imperative.

I've been with them for 10 years, they've always treated me well and have been responsive to my needs. They send me three or four quotes every year (and a great calendar too. ;) )

Davidson Solid Rock Insurance
PO Drawer 1099
Clinton, AR 72031-1099

www.iflythesky.com

800-358-8079

Ask for Rexalyn

Everybody has their favorite insurance broker. Mine is Chris Zanette. http://www.jet-insurance.com/. The reality is all the brokers will get you the same rate as they all shop the same insurance companies.

When choosing an agent, choose him/her by their customer service rather than pricing. When you're shopping around. you want to find someone who answers their phone and replies to emails quickly. If they are good on the front end, they're more likely to be good on the back end when you really need them (hopefully never).

Just my two cents worth :)

As a former insurance agent, I can say "that's good advice!":yes:

I go through EAA. What is a broker compared to an 'insurance agent?' Is there a difference?

That's simply not true. Some of them want you to think so, but some are simply better than others at obtaining coverages and special underwriting accommodations that others simply can't get. I just finished such a case.

I think you are both right. All brokers/agents have access to most of the markets. Some of us are more diligent than others

That's simply not true. Some of them want you to think so, but some are simply better than others at obtaining coverages and special underwriting accommodations that others simply can't get. I just finished such a case.

I've been very pleased with Bill Tassio at Tassio Insurance in SoCal.

Back