Instrument Written Test prep for Free

write-stuff

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
write-stuff
Gold Seal is beta testing its new test prep program. This one is different - it includes our proprietary Intelligent Testing Engine. It learns about you as you work with the program. It eliminates questions from the total question pool as you master them. Questions that give you more trouble are more persistent, that is, they are more difficult to eliminate. The bottom line is that you compete against the system, creating a shrinking pool of questions as you go.

As a beta tester you get full free access to a wonderful new program, unlike anything you have seen before. In return, you provide us with feedback. Interested? Email me at

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jan. 21 Update - We have entered open beta. Scroll to the bottom for instructions for free access.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
BBA-Lou. I got your email but couldn't reply. Your inbound server is rejecting my emails. Feel free to try me again from another email address. Five other guys, I also received yours and responded.

I sent you an email from a different address, however it is the same server. Let me know if you have more problems.
Did the other 5 guys email from the same server as me? Just curious where the common link is. I wouldn't put it past Yahoo, though, since Microsoft has been doing a lot of stupid stuff with the servers lately.

Got your second email, Lou, but no joy on that one either.

I'm not sure about the others, but don't recall seeing any of them from yahoo.com. Had 3 or 4 more since then and all of those were delivered.

LOL Sounds like Yahoo doesn't like your email provider.
I checked my SPAM folders etc but no joy so it is the actual server rejecting you.
Can you email me from just a regular email account instead of the Ground School email?
Am I the only dumb schmuck using Yahoo? LOL

I'm sure you aren't but yours are the only ones bouncing right now. Our systems are constantly sending out updates to members and instructors so it can't be a simple case of Yahoo blacklisting our domain. Strange, don't know what to say.

I'm sure you aren't but yours are the only ones bouncing right now. Our systems are constantly sending out updates to members and instructors so it can't be a simple case of Yahoo blacklisting our domain. Strange, don't know what to say.
Just a guess but maybe since your system is constantly sending updates, you got flagged and blacklisted by Yahoo?
I'd be interested in seeing the returned email. It should be as easy as calling them up and asking them to not unblock you.

Hmm, I think I might have a Spoogle address, I'll try to email you. Though I do not check it on a regular basis. Come to think of it, I never check it. LOL

Took the first test. 100% of course.
LOVE the review after the quiz with the illustrations and answers.

I'll do this to completion.

Very interested and will email. Thank you!

Info should be in your server mail logs.

BUMP!

You guys need to do this. Holy crap. I am a moron when it comes to test taking and studying.
They have this setup such that it is pretty motivating. You answer questions and they are removed from the pool, and earn stars for a certain correct question count, etc... It is really good for my learning style which I classify as "pure laziness"

These are my day 3 results.
If I can do this, you can all get your IR by mid morning tomorrow.

I am pretty impressed. Maybe I'm not destined to be "VFR Fo Life" afterall

@Cajun_Flyer aren't you working on IFR?

boom.jpg

So far I'm liking this. The interface is better than other's I have tried.

I have noticed some typos... but none that obscured the question or answers.

I'll continue to work through it, but again, so far I'm thumbs up.

BUMP!

You guys need to do this. Holy crap. I am a moron when it comes to test taking and studying.
They have this setup such that it is pretty motivating. You answer questions and they are removed from the pool, and earn stars for a certain correct question count, etc... It is really good for my learning style which I classify as "pure laziness"

These are my day 3 results.
If I can do this, you can all get your IR by mid morning tomorrow.

I am pretty impressed. Maybe I'm not destined to be "VFR Fo Life" afterall

@Cajun_Flyer aren't you working on IFR?

View attachment 50417

Bryan I don't see where you improved any after taking all those tests. You had the same score every time. How's that improvement? :popcorn:

So far I'm liking this. The interface is better than other's I have tried.

I have noticed some typos... but none that obscured the question or answers.

I'll continue to work through it, but again, so far I'm thumbs up.

PLEASE - report those typos so that we can correct them. That's one of the goals of the beta.
email me or post them in the Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1793411237590176/

GoldMethod has now entered open beta. You can join for free (for the next 24 hours) and get one year of full access using this authorization code: ifr02

www.GoldMethod.com

Last edited:
I enrolled to check it out and as a review. Already have my IFR rating, but always enjoy reviewing knowledge topics to stay sharp on them.

I'm trying that auth code and it's telling me:

Authorization Code is not found. Maybe you mis-typed it?
Please double-check what you entered and try again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I was going to give it a go as well. I see that the code was only valid for 24 hours (from Saturday) so I missed the boat on this one.

Digging heels into instrument training this month. I recently hung around the FBO for 3 hours waiting for a thin thin ..layer to burn off. My instructor rolled in to the FBO and an said "wow, you're still here?". My response "Yeah, too bad I don't know any good CFII's around here". We are kicking off training next week.

Benjamin

GoldMethod.com goes live next Wednesday, 2/1/17. I'll post a high-discount 24-hour promo code in here on that date so be watching.

Yes I like this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been testing out this product and overall I like it a lot. I enjoy the game of trying to eliminate questions, having goals to reach (stars), competing against people like 6PC on the Leaderboard and absorbing all the material in a way presented differently from other test prep products. I wish some of the explanations for missed questions were more informative - for example, sometimes the explanation for why you missed a particular question just restates the correct answer. I also wish you could run this product offline, but I understand that's a limitation.

I'm using this as well as King School. After knocking out the Holding Patterns section on this test prep, I went to King School and took the section there for Holding Patterns - I found I already knew everything being presented thanks to GoldMethod. Of course the guy in the GoldMethod videos isn't nearly as sexy as Martha or John, but who in this world is?

Anyway, I like the program so far. Definitely some bugs to work out. But I recommend grabbing the promo deal when it pops up.

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoldMethod goes live tomorrow, 2/1. As promised, I have set up a special promo code for PoA members. It's good for 24 hours starting now.

Use promo code "poa" and get full access for half-price ($74.99). This one-time offer will save you 50% on this unique instrument pilot program.

Ok, Unga. Here's your second chance: We have a new promo code for PoA members. Not sure how long it will remain active, but for now, it will save you $50 (33% discount).

Use promo code "poa50" and get full access for 1/3 off ($99). Considering that we have a "You pass or we pay" guarantee, this is pretty cost-effective insurance.

Goto www.GoldMethod.com, click the "Buy Now" menu option, then use "poa50" during checkout to get the special discount price.

Back