Instrument lighting

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
The plane I fly has few instruments lighted. I am looking for a recommendation on a way to light them, ie head lamp or flashlight

Blue light
Red light
Green light

Thanks

AIM 8-1-6(b)(2) casts a little doubt on red light unless you are going to fly a night mission on an aircraft carrier. Green is better because red washes out some chart features. Digital displays, of course, light themselves.

Bob Gardner

I use a red LED head lamp. (it also has white and blue but I try to avoid those.)

Nice thing about the head lamp is that, once adjusted properly, it shines on exactly what you want to see.

The plane I fly has few instruments lighted. I am looking for a recommendation on a way to light them, ie head lamp or flashlight

Blue light
Red light
Green light

Thanks

Blue light
Red light
Green light

Thanks

NuLights for real, red headlamp for emergency.

Has anyone ever used yellow?

Still dissipates the Rhodopsin in your eyes unless at extremely low levels. If you can still find one, get a "Color Darkroom Light" and you'll see what level of brightness you can use. These are amber lights which color photo material has low sensitivity to (it will still fog paper after a while) which still allowed Rhodopsin to accrue in the eyes and night vision to build.

Last edited:
Back