Instrument instruction Monterey bay area

Daniel Henriks

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DanHenriks
Hi everyone!
My name is Daniel and I just joined this forum! Have been lurking for a while...

Do you guys have a recommendation for a CFII in the Monterey Bay area? I've been renting from Aerodynamic at KMRY for a while and I'm wondering who else is working around here.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Dan

If he’s still instructing, Harry Ishikawa at Ocean Air in Watsonville. I did instrument and commercial with him. Excellent instructor, and will get you into IMC. I passed both checkrides easily, as he had me more than prepared for everything.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation! I'll try to get in touch with Harry for sure. Would you mind sharing, when you last worked with him?

Jason Miller.... as in “The Finer Points”

If he’s still instructing, Harry Ishikawa at Ocean Air in Watsonville. I did instrument and commercial with him. Excellent instructor, and will get you into IMC. I passed both checkrides easily, as he had me more than prepared for everything.

Ocean Air's website is a terrific training resource for any pilot. :cool:Very informative. http://www.oceanairflightservices.com/

Ocean Air's website is a terrific training resource for any pilot. :cool:Very informative. http://www.oceanairflightservices.com/
Uh-oh, wonder what that means. I just checked their Facebook page, but the last post was in 2016. As of 2018 they were in business, maybe that changed recently.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@Daniel Henriks --- where are you in all of this? Just getting started? In the middle? Needing someone to finish you up?

What's your timeline to move the ball across the goal line?

Are you focused only on the Bay Area? Or would you be willing to take time off from work and family to travel to a destination for training?

Providing this information to the PoA hive mind might provide some higher quality responses.

@AggieMike88 - I haven't taken any instrument training yet. Would like to get started the next couple weeks. I thought about an accelerated program, but I think I prefer the idea of training 2 - 3 times a week and have some time in between to debrief, prepare and learn for the next lesson. I think I work better that way. I'm based near Monterey, so I'm shopping for instruction within a reasonable radius.

@NordicDave - I was thinking to drive up there too sometime soon. There are some other schools on the field, I think.

It was sarcasm. Amazing how many viable aviation companies don't have a webpage, partially made website, or not updated in 10 years.
This internet thing is just a fad.... like the flying thing.

Back