Instructor Anxiety

poadeleted20

Deleted
So here I sit, while my latest trainee is out on his IR ride with an examiner who likes to do it actually filed IFR on an IFR clearance. Since they're doing that, I can watch it all unfold on Flightaware -- hence, the anxiety while watching every holding pattern entry, approach, altitude bobble (three, right where he'd be reprogramming the 430, but all appear within 100 feet), you name it. Not sure this advance in technology is a good thing for the instructor's digestion...

So here I sit, while my latest trainee is out on his IR ride with an examiner who likes to do it actually filed IFR on an IFR clearance. Since they're doing that, I can watch it all unfold on Flightaware -- hence, the anxiety while watching every holding pattern entry, approach, altitude bobble (three, right where he'd be reprogramming the 430, but all appear within 100 feet), you name it. Not sure this advance in technology is a good thing for the instructor's digestion...

Geez, Ron. Just because you CAN does not mean you SHOULD watch it. Go get a cup of coffee or something. :D

I had one of those. I logged in afer 1.8 and found they were doing a fourth approach....but he passed.

ooohhhh! can we watch too?

HA Ron! Thats funny kind of like my feeling about TCAS. I always say I felt much safe when I didn't know how much was out there LOL.

Don't worry Ron, as you get more experiance your nerves will settle.

; )

I started my IR checkride on an actual IFR clearance. However, as we progressed down our course and were handed off to Madison Approach, we cancelled IFR clearance to do our steep turns, unusual attitudes, etc. After successfully completing those tasks, we proceeded to the approaches. So I think my track on Flight Aware would have been pretty boring - and short.

You being extremely nervous shows you care about your students. In my mind that's what I would want in an instructor.

Back