Instruction in Champ near Minneapolis?

twdeckard

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
twdeckard
My daughters 4th grade teacher would like to arrange a "reminiscing" flight for her 80 year old father. Aeronca 7AC near Minneapolis somewhere that provides dual?

I am going to start googling, but thought I'd ask on the forum.

Todd

My daughters 4th grade teacher would like to arrange a "reminiscing" flight for her 80 year old father. Aeronca 7AC near Minneapolis somewhere that provides dual?

How near? Duffy Gaier in Marshfield, WI, has a 7AC for instruction. That's about 170 miles from Minneapolis.

Thanks Steve that might do it (I can get them there pretty easily at 182 speed)! I am fishing around and haven't turned anything up yet. There are plenty of Citabria's at Flying Cloud but the nostalgia is part of the experience. This fellow flew a 75HP champ all over the US in his day (used it to make sales calls).

I'll keep the line dangling for something closer, but we could make that work.

Steve's got me beat, I was going to say that it depends on your definition of "near" but there's one in Lone Rock too, Pete got his tailwheel there.

Thanks Steve that might do it (I can get them there pretty easily at 182 speed)! I am fishing around and haven't turned anything up yet. There are plenty of Citabria's at Flying Cloud but the nostalgia is part of the experience. This fellow flew a 75HP champ all over the US in his day (used it to make sales calls).

I'll keep the line dangling for something closer, but we could make that work.

Todd, I have a good friend with one at FCM. He's a CFI as well.

Todd, I have a good friend with one at FCM. He's a CFI as well.

Thanks! I sent a note to the teacher with the various permutations ... we'll see what she wants to do. I also looked up the original airplane and found its owner!

Thanks again
Todd

Try Stanton Airfield. Grass strip... they also have open cockpit biplane rides. Although, a bit cold this time of year.

Back