Installed Parmetheus Plus LEDs

Stingray Don

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Stingray Don
Well, the days are getting shorter so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade to LEDs. I installed the Parmetheus Plus for the wingtip landing lights as well as landing and taxi lights in the cowl. So 4 LEDs set me back just shy of 1 AMU. They were relatively easy to install and work well. The Plus is supposed to be 40% brighter than their previous version.

I thought they would be super bright but they only seem marginally brighter than the old GE bulbs. The main thing I notice is that the dispersion is much better in that they light up a larger area in front the plane. I can't say they illuminate much further down the runway though. The nice thing is that I doubt I will ever have to replace them.

For super bright you want HIDs

A lot of these "aircraft landing light" LED's, if you look at the part number on the back , you can find something remarkably similar, and coincidentally with the same PN, at your local red or green tractor dealer for ~$40. And because some tractors are 12v and some are 24V, these LED's typically work in a range of 10-30V. Sort of like aircraft.

A lot of these "aircraft landing light" LED's, if you look at the part number on the back , you can find something remarkably similar, and coincidentally with the same PN, at your local red or green tractor dealer for ~$40. And because some tractors are 12v and some are 24V, these LED's typically work in a range of 10-30V. Sort of like aircraft.

But with the "aircraft landing light" LED's, the FAA has rigorously reviewed and tested the part number and the distributor stamped 'CERTIFIED' on them so they can charge 10x.

Mine work great. The best feature of LEDs is the instant on/off when used with a flasher for recognition lighting. Overall brightness is plenty good. I don't need more.

I installed the Parmetheus Plus in mine as well and it's significantly brighter than the old incandescent I had in there. Very happy with it.

Back