"Inside the Sky" - William Langewiesche

drafttek

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Doug
Yes, this is the son of Wolfgang Langewiesche. Sort of an odd book. He talks about such things as flying across the Mexican border, purposefully flying through T-storms, and the Valujet crash. Interesting stuff. PM me for it.

It took me a while to get to the book but once started, it read quick. The part about chasing the weather was.... well just weird. Even WHEN I get my IFR, I don't think I'd go half way across the country to find bad weather. He also touched on the Air Indian crash from 1978. The story about Valuejet was pretty interesting. There seemed to be a lot of background or undercover work he had access to.
Makes you wonder how many times things like that happened that were non-events.
As he said, Murphy was wrong. What can go wrong usually goes right --- and people just naturally draw the wrong conclusion.

So... Anyone interested in "Inside the Sky"???? Looking for another temporary home.

I finished the book almost a month ago and it's been sitting on my desk at work waiting for me to get around to making this post (sorry). Post here or PM me and I'll send it out to whoever gets through first.

I finished this one up in Hawaii. Enjoyed it alot. its available to the first PM.

I'll take it if no one else has yet. I'm knew, so I understand if it's not ok.

Thanks

quite alright, got your PM. itll be in the mail in a few days.

Back