Input Requested - Where to RON in the Nashville Area?

t0r0nad0

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
PJ Gustafson
(Cross-Posted at BeechTalk)

Hey Guys and Gals,

Provided that the pre-buy inspection goes well early next week, a fellow volunteer and I will be heading to Tennessee to pick up the next raffle plane for The 1940 Air Terminal Museum. The plane is located in the Knoxville area, so the tentative plan is that Blair, the other volunteer pilot, would get there next Friday (7/30) to check it out and take delivery. I'm going to be in St. Louis next week on business, so I'll be hopping a Southwest flight to Nashville on Friday afternoon, getting there at about 6:00pm. Blair would be flying from Knoxville to Nashville (well, Smyrna - KMQY) to meet me. We'll spend the night in Nashville, and then fly to Houston together on Saturday.

I have a few questions:

1) Smyrna Air Center has the cheaper gas on the field at $4.77/gal, according to airnav. What experiences have you all had with this FBO?
2) Do you know if they charge anything for an overnight hangar for a 172?
3) Do they have courtesy cars available?
4) Would they be amenable to giving a discount for a non-profit organization?
5) Where would you all recommend we stay or grab a bite to eat?
6) What would be the best way for me to get there from BNA, as I won't have a rental car?
7) Are any of you all going to be around and want to get together with a couple of Cessna drivers from Houston for a bite to eat and perhaps one or two BEvERageS?
8) We'll be making one or two stops on the way back to Houston for food/fuel - we were thinking of KMEI. What experiences do you all have here or do you have any other recommendations for stops between KMQY and KHOU?

Thanks for the help! I might have some more questions as the planning of this flight continues.

We stopped in Smyrna last year coming back from Florida when we were stopped by a line of thunderstorms. I don't remember which FBO we used, though. The lineman, who had actually gone through the FAA ATC training and then quit, drove us to a hotel that the FBO worked with. As I recall, the price wasn't bad at all.

My only Nashville experience is with Tune, KJWN. Nice airport, good FBO cheap gas. I have been there twice and will be there next month as I fly down to FL.

Along that route of flight the only recommendation I can give you that I have experience with is KVKS, Vicksburg, MS. Nice little airport not too far from downtown and lots of hotel. The airport manager is a nice guy and will leave the light on for you should you be late.

Back