INOP DG on Foreflight AHRS screen

Murph

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Murph
Picked up a Stratus 2 today ( not an 2s), running Foreflight on a new iPad mini, the AHRS screen works fine with the exception of the DG or is it an HI? Anyway, its Xed out and the compass doesnt move. Sent an email to foreflight and cant seem to get it across that I'm not using syn vision...just need to DG to become active...How about it? What am I missing

thanks

Well my old 496 has it..but I really want it to show up on Foreflight :rolleyes:

Ok..maybe I can help. The Stratus sends gps data to Foreflight that is used for the DG. Were you moving or sitting still when testing. If sitting still, the DG is X'd out. Next: check your GPS accuracy to confirm the waas gps data is being received in Foreflight...go into Settings/Devices/ to confirm gps signal. There is also an instrument you can put on the bottom of your screen to show gps accuracy.

Paul,

Thank ya sir, you nailed it...email came from FF after I was offline with the same answer won't be flying here today but I'll take er down the road just to verify

Thanks again

Back