Inhof told to take a training class

My favorite part was his comment to the ASI that he was showing his passenger how the cockpit instrumentation worked during a practice ILS approach. Hmmm...wonder how he did that considering the ILS was out of service at the time and NOTAM'd as such.

My favorite part was his comment to the ASI that he was showing his passenger how the cockpit instrumentation worked during a practice ILS approach. Hmmm...wonder how he did that considering the ILS was out of service at the time and NOTAM'd as such.

That doesn't mean it's not working - That just means that they may be working on it and it may be unreliable.

That doesn't mean it's not working - That just means that they may be working on it and it may be unreliable.
Yes, except when a runway is closed for maintenance, they will usually turn the ILS off. I suspect that is the exact reason the ILS was NOTAM'd.

No, I can't prove it, but given some of the other less than truthful statements by Inhofe (for example, telling ATC that he had the NOTAMs and then later admitting to the ASI that he did not check them prior to departure), I suspect his statement about the distraction was....well pure bovine scatology.

Back