Info re: Centennial KAPA

redcloud

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scott keyes
I am heading to KAPA on Sunday for a few days. Can anyone recommend a preferred FBO to park my bird?

Scott

This is EverSkyWards home apt. she should give you some good info.

If you go to the Jet Center, beware of the buffalo burgers in the restaurant if you plan to be in close confines, especially with other people, in the immediate future. Trust me on this.

I am heading to KAPA on Sunday for a few days. Can anyone recommend a preferred FBO to park my bird?

Scott

I know that people have had good luck with TAC Air. That's where Kent stopped when he was here.

Unfortunately I will be out of town until at least Thursday.

TAC air, hands down. Great service no matter how big or small. Fuel, no fuel, cars, bathrooms, cookies, pilot briefing room with internet. Great service.

Another vote for TAC air. I was there earlier this summer. What docmirror said.

Yet anoter vote for TAC. Cheaper self serve gas, nice folks.

Centennial is my home base. TAC Air is the more piston-friendly of the FBOs.

And the restaurant? Don't "watch out." It's one of the very best airport restaurants around. I take business clients there.

And the restaurant? Don't "watch out." It's one of the very best airport restaurants around. I take business clients there.

Do you eat the buffalo burgers and then fly in the same cockpit with them?

TacAir.

But...be aware that the airport now has a $10 landing fee, collected by each of the
FBOs. Be nice to the CSR, they *may* waive the fee. The SS fuel is just to the north
of TacAir, reasonably priced for the current world.

And yes, the restaurant at JetCenter is excellent. Breakfasts guaranteed to raise your cholesterol at least 15 points (those 3 egg omelets).

And watch your density altitude! Leaning is your friend. Ground at KAPA is 58xx, pattern alt is 6800, and DA this afternoon was over 8000 on the ground. There's a front coming in Sat afternoon which will cool things off a bit, but we're still in the 80s during the day, low 50s at night.

Ummm, I was one of two crewmembers who ate the buffatooter burger. My symptoms, while not insubstantial, were miniscule compared to his.

You must have a problem with low-fat meat.

What Mark said. The restaurant really is one of the best airport restaurants out there, I was very impressed. :yes:

Have fun, Scott! :yes:

TacAir.

But...be aware that the airport now has a $10 landing fee, collected by each of the
FBOs.

Well, back to FRG I guess. I don't pay landing fees.

The convience of Centennial to downtown is worth the $10 landing fee.

Has anyone mentioned TAC ?? Use their self fueling as well. I don't think I've EVER been treated as nicely any where any time. What $10 landing fee ? Never paid a dime in July.

Well, back to FRG I guess. I don't pay landing fees.

Ye be flyin al the way to Farmington, NY instead??? FRG be Republic. FTG be the Front Range arrrrrrport, and is indeed a fine one, but not nearly as avast as Centennial to the port of Denver.

Ye be flyin al the way to Farmington, NY instead??? FRG be Republic. FTG be the Front Range arrrrrrport, and is indeed a fine one, but not nearly as avast as Centennial to the port of Denver.

The also be the grrrand Metro more nearby than FTG.

Has anyone mentioned TAC ?? Use their self fueling as well. I don't think I've EVER been treated as nicely any where any time. What $10 landing fee ? Never paid a dime in July.

Never paid a dime in late August either. :dunno:

FTG matey.

Front Range Airport. It doesn't matter to me what the price is, I don't pay landing fees. It's worth it to me to give Centennial less business if they start charging a fee. You'all go ahead and start paying them. Just wait, I can predict the future.

Are we mixing up FBO ramp/overnight fees with landing fees again? I don't think APA is charging landing fees (yet).

TAC air.....cc pumps at north end of field..I flew a trip outta there today and the fuel wa 4.80/gal

Back