Infamous New Jersey waitress was dishonorably discharged from the Corps

Capt.Crash'n'Burn

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Capt.Crash'n'Burn
Have you heard the story about the NJ wiatress who claimed she was stiffed on a tip because she was a lesbian? Well that turned out to be a hoax that she pulled for sympathy and money.

There's a new twist to the plot though, it turns out she was dishonorably discharged from the Marine reserve for not showing up to drills. And to top it off, co-workers from her previous job at the Cheesecake Factory said that she claimed to have brain cancer, to gain sympathy and money. It's almost like there's a pattern of behavior here...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53683016#.UpcJ0XjTkdU

Don't worry....

The guv will hire her and she will get a cushy, non stress job at a remote location and will retire with LAVISH retirement package in a few years.... :D:mad2:

I know you copied it directly from the article, but I doubt strongly she was "DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED." Other articles say the military say she didn't complete her reserve commitment. She may or may not be still on the rolls and even if not, she was likely separated other than dishonorably. Hell George Bush didn't even finish his reserve commitment.

She does seem to have issues, adopting the calamity of the day for hers. (This particular one came a few weeks after another "Here's a tip, don't be gay" tip earlier.

I know you copied it directly from the article, but I doubt strongly she was "DISHONORABLY DISCHARGED." Other articles say the military say she didn't complete her reserve commitment. She may or may not be still on the rolls and even if not, she was likely separated other than dishonorably.

A clarification is needed. there's 3 types of dishonorable discharge; Other Than Honorable (OTH), Bad Conduct (BCD) and Dishonorable Discharge. All 3 are considered being "dishonorably discharged".

You're probably right though, she likely got an OTH. I doubt she got a General Discharge after going UA.

A clarification is needed. there's 3 types of dishonorable discharge; Other Than Honorable (OTH), Bad Conduct (BCD) and Dishonorable Discharge. All 3 are considered being "dishonorably discharged".

You're probably right though, she likely got an OTH. I doubt she got a General Discharge after going UA.

There's one more. Officers discharged via Court-Martial proceedings get an "Officer Discharge". Unrelated to her but interesting for some reading along as trivia fodder.

http://themilitarywallet.com/types-of-military-discharges/

Missing drills (as opposed to not showing up for a mobilization) may not even result in OTH. You can still get a HON (doubtful in this case , that's typically done for those with many successful tours that just sort of lose interest in the corps) or GEN.

I disagree with your characterization of OTH as dishonorable. Dishonerable is a specific discharge and not a general term. The OTH isn't even in the category of Punitive Discharges (where DD and BCD fall).

Last edited:
My cousin's kid got an OTH. After a couple of years his Dad wrote a letter to their Senator and got some paperwork to appeal the discharge. It got changed it to an honorable. It seemed to me that it was just a matter of formality and paperwork. So now he can get all of his Veteran's benefits and go to the Veteran's Day breakfast and get thanked for his service.

I don't know much about the Reserves or the National Guard, but it always seemed to me that they could just quit if they wanted to. I know several people who seemed to, but I wasn't close enough to them to really know how that worked or what they did to get out.

Honorable,dishonorable,whatever doesn't change the fact that this girl is quite disturbed.

Given the timing, she also might of been discharged because she was homosexual. That is an administrative discharge. That's not any of the three.

Missing drills (as opposed to not showing up for a mobilization) may not even result in OTH. You can still get a HON (doubtful in this case , that's typically done for those with many successful tours that just sort of lose interest in the corps) or GEN.

I disagree with your characterization of OTH as dishonorable. Dishonerable is a specific discharge and not a general term. The OTH isn't even in the category of Punitive Discharges (where DD and BCD fall).

I was under the impression that anything classed as a dishonorable discharge was on the same level of seriousness as a felony conviction, and impacted your ability to vote, hold govt jobs, get professional licenses, and was a really really big deal…

I was under the impression that anything classed as a dishonorable discharge was on the same level of seriousness as a felony conviction, and impacted your ability to vote, hold govt jobs, get professional licenses, and was a really really big deal…

Correct. All of them are different types of discharges. BCD is linked with DD only because they're both punitive, require a general court martial, usually have brig time and no VA benefits. Still, BCD isn't a DD. DD you can't register for a fire arm either.

Usually a DD is granted after the service member has completed the remainder of their sentence at a military stockade as an E1 stripped of pay and rank privileges. It's atypical for someone to be given a DD without having served time for a felony level offense.

That said, OTH and BCD's still carry the same stigma of a DD in the civilian world, to those who care.

Back