Indy area

muddy00

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
muddy00
Anyone from the Indianapolis area? Looking to fly in Monday to the boat show looking for best airport / fbo to head to.

Last edited:
What part of the city you going to?

Fairgrounds I think

KUMP isn't much further. Maybe 5 minutes longer by car.

Actually, KUMP might be a little less time. W. 38th street can be a pain.

Either would be fine.

Last edited:
I am from just outside of the Indy area but fly into there all the time.. If you want a cool place to go.. check out KEYE ... (Eagle Creek) You will get to fly close to The Indy Speedway and downtown if you want.. If you stop at Eagle Creek you can park and walk across the street by the lake and grab some Lunch/Dinner at Rick's Boat Yard Cafe.. Pretty good food !!

Closest is gonna be Indy Metro. Cheapest will probably be Greenwood. Been through Indy quite a bit. As far as amenities and Midwest hospitality, they all rank about the same.

Actually, KUMP might be a little less time. W. 38th street can be a pain.
Yeah I'd avoid that, for traffic

Last edited:
I am based out of Indy Metro (KUMP) and that is what I would recommend for the quickest and easiest drive. A second choice would be Indy Regional (KMQJ).

I am based out of Indy Metro (KUMP) and that is what I would recommend for the quickest and easiest drive. A second choice would be Indy Regional (KMQJ).

I would put KMQJ behind KEYE.

Not familiar with that one. Indy is a little more progressive than the rest of the state, though.

Dang auto correct. Let's make that the boat show

IndyJet at MQJ was great when I flew to Indy last month. It is about 20 miles east of downtown though but great people and facilities.

Put me in the KEYE camp. Good people, reasonably priced SS fuel, and Rick's is across the street.

I'm not sure what Ricks is but guess I'm going to have to find out

http://rickscafeboatyard.com

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/...ilot-getaways-eagle-creek-ricks-cafe-boatyard

640px-Ricks_Cafe_Boatyard_%282669253283%29.jpg

Last edited:
Back