Indiana B&B

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Leslie and I are planning to stay at the Winchester Inn Bed and Breakfast next weekend. http://www.winchester-inn.com/ It's about 3 miles from I22, Randolph County Airport, and is owned by a pilot, who said they offer complimentary transportation to and from the airport. Anyone here have any experience with them? We'll post a trip report next weekend.

BTW, as of this afternoon they still have one room available for Saturday night, which is when we'll be there...

Well, we flew in this evening, and Ted picked us up at the airport. We went high from 1C5 to Muncie, flying 11,000 feet. It allowed us to have ground speeds of more than 173KT (straight & level) at one point in the 182.

We came in and I did a couple of approaches at KMIE, then we stopped for dinner at Kimbler's Landing, which replaced Vince's. It was fun, because the majority of the restaurant was full of kids in their prom dresses and tuxes. The food was good, but not spectacular. Certainly much better than most airport restaurants, both in quality and atmosphere, but fell a little short of the high-end restaurant that it seems they're trying for.

We left KMIE for Winchester, Randolph County (I22), called Ted at Wincheser Inn Bed & Breadfast and took the photo for GoFlyAmerica.org. By the time we were done taking the picture, he had arrived to pick us up.

We settled into the very nice Owner's Suite, and headed to the spa and pool for a little relaxation. Then, back to the room, where I'm posting this using their complimentary wireless connection.

So far, it's a "thumbs up."

Back