Indian pilots beat US Air Force/ Planes that can beat the F-15

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
Joe Williams said:
Anthony asked earlier about the Indian's whupping some of our F-15s. Here's are a couple links to some of the stories I found, as well as to some stories about planes that can handily beat the F-15.

http://vayu-sena.tripod.com/comparison-f15-su30-1.html

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/5/26/154053.shtml

Googling, of course, turned up bunches and bunches of stories, but I don't have time to read others to see if there is any relevance.

Scary, scary stuff... <G>

I'm still betting my C-notes and everything else on our birds. And, even though it gives real pilots like us the hibbie gibbies... the DarkStars will be there too, to out maneuver anything flying now, anywhere and by anybody.

Is most of our F-15 fleet still C's? I thought we were mostly E models now...although I don't really remember the differences (upgraded radar, iirc).

Wonder how it compares to the F-22? I've been watching those fly in/out of Nellis. I'm taking the camera and new lens next time I'm up there. :D

Why do I read the "fly-off" reports and the scene from "Bull Durham" comes to mind? You know, the one where the rookie Bull's pitcher keeps shaking off the catcher's signals (Kevin Costner), so Kevin gives the pitcher the signal he wants but then promptly tells the batter what the next pitch will be?

"Indian pilots, here's the F-15 playbook--we want some new F-22's".

Brian Austin said:
Is most of our F-15 fleet still C's? I thought we were mostly E models now...although I don't really remember the differences (upgraded radar, iirc).

Wonder how it compares to the F-22? I've been watching those fly in/out of Nellis. I'm taking the camera and new lens next time I'm up there. :D

The C is a dedicated one seat air superiority fighter. It's main purpose is to outfight enemy fighters, and gain and maintain control of the air. The E is a two seat, heavier, multi-role fighter bomber. It's primary role is not as an air superiority fighter, but as an attack aircraft that can fight it's way in and out.

Joe Williams said:
The C is a dedicated one seat air superiority fighter. It's main purpose is to outfight enemy fighters, and gain and maintain control of the air. The E is a two seat, heavier, multi-role fighter bomber. It's primary role is not as an air superiority fighter, but as an attack aircraft that can fight it's way in and out.
Thanks.

I found a good rundown on the AF site here, too: http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=101

Joe Williams said:

The "E" variant is called the "Strike Eagle".

I agree Joe, we need to have the fastest, most advanced aircraft in the world, as well as the best trained pilots in the world.

Frank Browne said:
The "E" variant is called the "Strike Eagle".

I agree Joe, we need to have the fastest, most advanced aircraft in the world, as well as the best trained pilots in the world.

Above all we have to make certain that our Air Force is capable of intercepting all those pesky C-150s that keep penetrating the ADIZ around DC. :yes:

Jeannie

So what?

It's all yesterdays technology. Isn't the name of the game now stealth, or unmanned, or joint strike force? And, when is the last time anyone engaged in a dog fight anyway? So, they built a better old school fighter? Enjoy it because War technology seems to have moved on.Or has it?

I ask these questions not to mock but as a real questions. Have thing changed so much that the classic fighter or bomber are old technology.

Last edited:
corjulo said:
It's all yesterdays technology. Isn't the name of the game now stealth, or unmanned, or joint strike force? And, when is the last time anyone engaged in a dog fight anyway? So, they built a better old school fighter? Enjoy it because War technology seems to have moved on.Or has it?

I ask these questions not to mock but as a real questions. Have thing changed so much that the classic fighter or bomber are old technology.
Our military makes it a policy to always be 100 percent prepared to fight the previous war.

Maverick said:
Above all we have to make certain that our Air Force is capable of intercepting all those pesky C-150s that keep penetrating the ADIZ around DC. :yes:

Jeannie

The pilots on the intercept had significant difficulty due to the great difference in airspeed between an F-15 and a C-150. As a result, an emergency directive has been issued to replace the F-15's providing coverage for the ADIZ with something more appropriate and effective.

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/early_years/ey5.htm

I'm not sure how accurate that article is. I think we are starting to build less effective aircraft than what we already have. The B-1B had all sorts of issues making it a CAVU Bomber. Whereas the B-52 is still flying missions. There was a book written 3-4 years ago about how the current aircraft were already 2 generations better than the closest competitor.

Maverick said:

Jeannie

Like this one?

Thanks Joe. I too think we should arm our forces with the best, however, I don't think anyone can touch us even flying the older technology. The Russians just can't compete anymore. I agree though, let's keep it one sided.

There is absolutely no country on earth that can challenge us yet, that's why we're getting dinged by terrorists, not state sanctioned armies. Although from what I'm hearing the Saudi's are pretty much sanctioning the war on terror. They are NOT our allies.

Now China on the other hand....really scares me.

corjulo said:
So what?

When the missiles rails are empty and the fight has closed to knife range-and it will- whoever has the more manueverable a/c and the the best training will win.

"It works in the simulator every time," the Air Force official said. However, he did point out that U.S. pilots are flying both aircraft in the tests. Few countries maintain a pilot corps with the air-to-air combat skills needed to fly these scenarios, said an aerospace industry official involved in stealth fighter programs.

And there, in a nutshell, is the issue... The Su-30K has a US pilot on-board, and that makes all the difference.

As has been said before by military pilots, a highly skilled and trained pilot in an older airplane will almost always win against a poorly trained pilot in the newest and greatest airplane.

An airplane is only as good as its pilot, and I'd put a US pilot in a F-15 against any nation we're likely to face any time soon.

That being said, the F-15 is running out of time, it is more than 30 years old now. The F-22 will give us the edge well into this century.

Back