Indian Creek (on the Buffalo River, AR)...a most amazing place

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Hiked (and bolder climbed, and roped climbed) bottom to top yesterday. It's the longest five to six miles you'll ever walk. It's my favorite place in Arkansas. Haven't hiked it in 20...25 years...and it was a helluva lot easier then. Nature and rains must have eroded it more and made it steeper since I was last there! :cool:

This is just a very small sampling of the waterfalls and beauty it has to offer. It's not for the faint of heart...in one spot we were about 150 up on a bluff on a ledge about 18" wide.

IMG_2339.jpg IMG_2342.jpg IMG_2343.jpg IMG_2344.jpg View attachment 79613 IMG_2346.jpg IMG_2349.jpg IMG_2351.jpg IMG_2350.jpg IMG_2352.jpg

And here's a description from a 30 year-old hiking book. There are AT LEAST 30 waterfalls on this trail...probably a lot more. We would have never completed the hike before sunset had we stopped to get a shot of every super scenic sight! We got on the trail at 10:30 and off at 3:30. Like I said above...it's the longest 5 to 6 mile hike in Arkansas!

Elevation rise from start to finish is about 1200'. But, with all the ups and downs I'd speculate the total climb to be far closer to 2000'.

Attachments

• Tim Ernst on Indian Creek.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back