In training pilots, how do you handle turbulence?

You know, if the turbulence gets too bad @WannFly, tuning the second radio to Guard and screaming, "We're all gonna die!" should impress your CFI. Haha.

I only joke now because you're showing signs that you're getting used to it more than at first, and humor is the path to more fun now.

You can't enjoy it fully until you just got literally bounced off the ceiling and the divot in your head from your headset hurts and you laugh out loud, mutter a choice curse word and think to yourself, "I really should have tightened that seat belt sooner," as you pull the lap belt tighter and crank the seat lower.

Hey just for the record, those little buttons on top of baseball caps? Glider pilots know this because they're trying to protect the canopies, but I see power pilots wearing their baseball caps with those on them under their headset band. That little button driven into the top of your head by your headset band hurts like a mofo. Seriously. If you do ball caps, get the ones without the button or cut them off. Haha.

Don't wear any caps but I get your point, hitting my head in the ceiling that has barely any protective covering on it, namely hair...would hurt like hell. Yeah I am getting a lot more used to than before... CFI is busy this week, but Saturday we are going to a nearby place for lunch. Knowing him, he is gonna sneak in a botched landing or a stall or something completely unexpected. I think that's the best way I learn and he figured it out.. and yes, we will keep the PFD off and just fly by backups, lot more fun that way and easy to feel what the plane is telling u

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't wear any caps but I get your point, hitting my head in the ceiling that has barely any protective covering on it, namely hair...would hurt like hell. Yeah I am getting a lot more used to than before... CFI is busy this week, but Saturday we are going to a nearby place for lunch. Knowing him, he is gonna sneak in a botched landing or a stall or something completely unexpected. I think that's the best way I learn and he figured it out.. and yes, we will keep the PFD off and just fly by backups, lot more fun that way and easy to feel what the plane is telling u

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You keep that up, you'll want to go fly something that doesn't even have an electrical system! LOL. The horrors! :)

Back