In the middle of Lake Michigan...Beaver Island-July 15

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
The Mighty Apache and I are planning on flying into Beaver Island on Sunday, July 15. We are hoping to have 6 pm steak fry. Interested?:blueplane:

would be cool. kind of a trek. we'll see as it gets closer. doubtful unless i can find someone with a ride.

Might be doable. Kinda far for me though. :rofl:

Stop by Gladwin GDW in the morning if you are passing through. We have a pancake breakfast that Saturday and Sunday.

Which airport on Beaver Island?

Barb

Stop by Gladwin GDW in the morning if you are passing through. We have a pancake breakfast that Saturday and Sunday.

Which airport on Beaver Island?

Barb

I was thinking it was at a Gladwin breakfast that I ran into both you and EdFred a couple years ago but I guess that was Lake City.

The Mighty Apache and I are planning on flying into Beaver Island on Sunday, July 15. We are hoping to have 6 pm steak fry. Interested?:blueplane:

If only this were during the week of July 4th as I will be in the TVC area that whole week AFaIK.

I was thinking it was at a Gladwin breakfast that I ran into both you and EdFred a couple years ago but I guess that was Lake City.

Yep, it was Lake City. Now, when are you going to claim Antrim County for the ConUs Challenge? Huh, Huh.

Barb

Yep, it was Lake City. Now, when are you going to claim Antrim County for the ConUs Challenge? Huh, Huh.

Barb

Ooooh, there's an unclaimed airport in Michigan?? I know where I'm going tomorrow!!!

:rofl:

Ooooh, there's an unclaimed airport in Michigan?? I know where I'm going tomorrow!!!

:rofl:

Oh, shoot, there are "lots" of airports left in Michigan.(at least 3) Are you up for a challenge? Claim Pullman M86. I dare you. :hairraise: Hopefully it has been mowed.:dunno:

Barb

SJX? I guess it is the bigger airport?
Yes it is the bigger airport, has a nice runway but is farther from town.(4-5 mile I think) Welke field has a smaller paved runway which was improved in the last few years and a grass strip. IslandAir commuter service uses it. That airport is about 1 1/2 mile from town. Neither airport has really impressive facilities. But both have nice people.

Barb

Yes it is the bigger airport, has a nice runway but is farther from town.(4-5 mile I think) Welke field has a smaller paved runway which was improved in the last few years and a grass strip. IslandAir commuter service uses it. That airport is about 1 1/2 mile from town. Neither airport has really impressive facilities. But both have nice people.

Barb
I called the smaller airport (6Y8). The green book says that the shorter runway can only be used with prior approval. But the person at the airport said that it is just a formality. Reading the airport description, it sounds like it will be a challenging approach.
We plan on camping overnight on Sunday night. Pray for good weather!
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Back