In the market for a nice headset

http://www.headsetsinc.com/Headsets.html (the ANR models are lower on the page)

The panel-power module is $39.00. You can switch between panel-power and auto-off battery box, when you want to use the headset in another aircraft.

The bottom line appears to be that there are a lot of good choices out there!

I just bought a couple of Sierras. I've flown a couple of short flights with them and like them but this week's Gason's trip and my IPC will be the first true test.

My main consideration was customer service, reputation, price and staying away from "clampers." With their trade-up program and a little sweet talking, I got two sets for $600 and some change.

I think I'll be happy.

Last edited:
Bought my A20's on ebay, brand new still in the box for $690. I did not cry, in fact, I was pretty darn happy. :yes:

My main hesitation in doing this is that I've run into a few issues trying to get warranties honored on items I've bought off of eBay and Amazon (granted, not with headsets).

My rule of thumb is, if it's used (in good condition) or on eBay, it has to be 50% of retail, or less, before I consider it. Any less of a discount doesn't make the risk worth it.

My main hesitation in doing this is that I've run into a few issues trying to get warranties honored on items I've bought off of eBay and Amazon (granted, not with headsets).

My rule of thumb is, if it's used (in good condition) or on eBay, it has to be 50% of retail, or less, before I consider it. Any less of a discount doesn't make the risk worth it.

fair point, that can happen. Registered them the very day that I got them, it went fine. I can say that I was fortunate. Ebay is not for everyone. It is for me. I NEVER buy warranties. NEVER.

They are just not something that I value. Sometimes I get screwed. Not very often.

What did you think of the Sennheiser's? They're getting good reviews but I've never seen one in person.

I thought the ANR on the Lightspeeds and Bose were much better than the Sennheisers, but YMMV.

FWIW, I just picked up a set of Zulu 2s.

Bought my A20's on ebay, brand new still in the box for $690. I did not cry, in fact, I was pretty darn happy. :yes:

That is a great price for A20's, I just bought a used set with Bluetooth for $775.00 and thought I got a deal! :mad2:

With headsets you are gonna get what you pay for and there are feature that will cost a little more too. If you are gonna be flying long durations, you might want to make sure the headset is lightweight and comfortable.

Two types of headsets:
Passive - basically the earmuffs muffle the sound
Active - like the Bose Quietcomfort headphones they use some techno magic to reduce sound in the headset(the A20 has this) and are a lot quieter than passive headsets

You can also get ones that have an audio jack to plug your iphone/ipad into to listen to music while you fly, or some(A20 included) are able to connect to those same devices through bluetooth.

All depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want.
If you just want a basic headset I would look at the David Clark H10-13.4. I fly usually 3 hours max in a small plane and it is comfortable to me. Durable too and David Clark has excellent customer service.

I tried the other day, you cannot play music through the bluetooth, its for phone only. You have to plug in to hear the music. If you found a way to do this, please tell me! (A20's)

That is a great price for A20's, I just bought a used set with Bluetooth for $775.00 and thought I got a deal! :mad2:

If it makes you feel better, mine are the non-bluetooth model..:D

Wanna swap?:lol:

Back