"In the Hangar" - New aviation video content coming (not mine)

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
A local guy (Daniel Millican) that has a channel called "Taking Off" is putting together a sort of a series called "In the hangar" I was lucky to be a very small part of it but the day I was there he was filming many segments on a lot of topics with a lot of people.

• Well known A&Ps
  • Vietnam Era fighter pilots
  • Modern Fighter pilots
  • Corporate charter and commercial pilots
  • CFIs
  • and on and on.

It was done in a real TV studio and was the most professional thing I have ever been a part of.

I got to do a quick 1 on 1 and also a round table deal with Mr. Aviation and @Erik Johnston
which was cool although I felt like I didn't belong. These guys are the real deal. I just clown around.

Check out his channel. Currently it is a lot of local flights with different people and different situations. I think this thing he is putting together is going to be pretty cool.

He put out a small teaser yesterday of me ruining the shot.

Aside from my tiny bit of content, the rest looks amazing. I was riveted watching some of these guys share their experiences. Very cool stuff coming up.

"Cessna" John Effinger getting his hair did.
38391348_10216943639730161_7692460764153511936_n.jpg

Mr. Aviation 101
38392322_10216364631205316_5254170884905631744_n.jpg

@Christy Wong

38498886_10217517142905215_5572787596330795008_o.jpg

Daniel getting ready for the first shoot.
38531514_10216943640010168_6300678849562673152_n.jpg

I was there for about 7 hours and I would guess he shot 10 different interviews.
Cool stuff.

Anyway, just FYI looks like some good content coming.

cool. other than mr gayviation, I'm looking forward to it.

Most specifically, the one with the fighter pilots was captivating. These guys have some stories.
Probably the best part of it all.

Although when he had 3 A&Ps and asked "ROP or LOP?"
it got interesting.

It’s only a matter of time until you’re a celebrity.

:D

John E. And Mark Z. are great. Very glad they participate on the Cessna forums.

Now now. Play nice.

Josh has recently changed the name of his channel to simply Aviation101.

He is one of my favorite YouTube creators.

And I don’t think he’s gay, just honest.

W O W.

to each his own though...…...
Agreed.

Josh has lots of fans, so I am far from alone.

I like how he expresses the joy he gets from aviation. I also like his attitude.

Obviously, you do not.

So I have a suggestion: don’t watch him.

….So I have a suggestion: don’t watch him.

oh I am sooo far ahead of u. somebody clickbaited PoA with a link to one of his videos and I cringed the second I heard his voice.

but I have always said it, as much as he irks me and I can't stand his videos, he's good for GA. for those who can stand watching him.

Aviaton101 isn't my favorite, but I don't mind him either. I enjoy watching his videos. But I agree he is a little over the top with the 'sentimental/philisophical' commentary at the end normally, for lack of better term.

I actually saw the other thread about the video this morning, prior to reading this thread.

Aviaton101 isn't my favorite, but I don't mind him either. I enjoy watching his videos. But I agree he is a little over the top with the 'sentimental/philisophical' commentary at the end normally, for lack of better term.
I’m still annoyed that I ended up behind him on the ILS into Madison and when the controller told him best forward speed, he slowed down 20 knots.

Back